SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Police Report Of Terror
Mr_Numbers

09-03-2016 03:44 PM

Quote:
You are probably right Mr Numbers, resistance is futile.
We should maintain a stiff upper lip and take whatever is coming to us on the chin.

Ho, ho! Very droll, localbigwig. But I didn't say 'Resistance is futile', did I. I said we already have the power to resist. We already have the power to check the passports of everyone who comes into the country. That is the issue as far as terrorism is concerned. And I don't see how our ability to control our borders will be any stronger or weaker whether we leave or remain (setting aside any possible behind-the-scenes matters about information sharing).

Whether people who come into the country are allowed to stay as long as they want is a different question about immigration - not border control and security. And if I may be so bold, ForestHillier, while I don't disagree with what you're saying about the scaremongering tactics of the 'stay in' brigade, the 'leavers' gang are pretty adept at using immigration and asylum seekers as a scare tactic. Which just goes to show that, so far, it's been a pretty shoddy, unenlightening debate all round. Both sides need to be setting out a more positive vision, in my opinion.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
Police Report Of Terror - ForestHillier - 09-03-2016, 10:45 AM
RE: Police Report Of Terror - localbigwig - 09-03-2016, 11:38 AM
RE: Police Report Of Terror - Mr_Numbers - 09-03-2016, 01:31 PM
RE: Police Report Of Terror - localbigwig - 09-03-2016, 02:23 PM
RE: Police Report Of Terror - OakR - 09-03-2016, 02:41 PM
RE: Police Report Of Terror - Mr_Numbers - 09-03-2016 03:44 PM