SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Anyone else got no water in Garthorne?
Tinkerbell

24-02-2016 10:31 AM

I've not had any problems before, but have had no water at all since this morning. Thames Water are sending an engineer but no other problems appear to have been reported in the area. Is anyone else affected?

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
squashst

24-02-2016 10:36 AM

Hi Tinkerbell, Water is flowing OK here (I am fairly close to the Gabriel St end of Garthorne).

Tinkerbell

24-02-2016 10:52 AM

I suspect this may be the same issue with the mains just outside that Thames Water have tried to address around 4x in the last year. It had so far just affected neighbouring properties, but perhaps it's my turn now. Wink Oh, well, waiting for the engineers to arrive. They've drilled open and tarmacked over that access point so many times now, I reckon it may be time for a permanent access point there.

Garfield

24-02-2016 11:54 AM

Hi Tinkerbell, I had a note posted through my door yesterday (near the Bovill Rd end of Garthorne) saying that one of the houses on the road was having some plumbing work done today which required the mains to be turned off at some point between 10:30am and (I think...) about 2pm - and obviously apologising for any inconvenience caused.

I don't have the note with me to confirm exact wording and times, but looks like the effect went wider than their posting did. Hopefully this is only temporary.

Tinkerbell

24-02-2016 12:23 PM

Many thanks Garfield - yes, the mystery is solved! Apparently a long stretch of the road is on that one mains valve and it was indeed turned off for works on a property (my note must have been lost, didn't see any, but appreciate that the property owner made the effort and did try to tell people). The engineer did find that valve to be very old and rather prone to issues though when he did check, so in the long run, it may play up again for other reasons.

I shall wash my hair with Evian now instead, rumour has it that it worked well for Kim Basinger... Laugh

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Burst Water Main Garthorne & surrounding streets Tinkerbell 0 2,674 14-06-2016 06:10 PM
Last Post: Tinkerbell