SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Delays on London Road Saturday 20th
localbigwig

20-02-2016 11:57 AM

Big delays on London road Forest Hill as two giant cranes
Lift tree branches away from the roof of a house as they are cut down.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
nottinghillbilly

20-02-2016 12:00 PM

More exciting than looking down a hole in the road. Exciting stuff!!

Actually it is fascinating to watch.

OakR

20-02-2016 01:12 PM

Traffic is very slow on the S circular towards FH from HOP \ Catford way and seemed to be getting back on many roads approaching FH Town Centre. I'd advice going the log way round if you can, walking or getting the tube.

Sandpiper

20-02-2016 03:55 PM

They are finishing for the day but will be back at 8am tomorrow so expect more delays...
It's a major job - they are taking down a big tree that went over in the recent storms, landing on a house.

rbmartin

21-02-2016 09:08 PM

Today was equally as fun, not helped by cars parked on Dartmouth Road which meant cars were going on the pavement so the buses could go through.

P1971

21-02-2016 09:44 PM

Like this!

The white car was trying to help out the ambulance & police car pass each other, but all others were parked just as......

kipya

22-02-2016 11:29 AM

I was informed by LB Lewisham that there are NO parking problems on Dartmouth Road. There is no parking on double yellow lines, nor the pavement. This is due to "robust and proactive enforcement".

Oddly enough, although I walk along Dartmouth Road often enough at fairly random times I have NEVER see a robust and proactive enforcer but I do ALWAYS see cars parked on the pavement, double yellow lines, single yellow lines.

I recognise that finding somewhere to park a car is problematic, but the congestion in Dartmouth Road looks like a rather serious problem. Serious for cars, buses, emergency vehicles, but also for pedestrians, people pushing prams and buggies ... and so on.

Thank goodness that we have, as Lewisham confirms, no problem due to the "robust and proactive enforcement"

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

shaman

22-02-2016 11:57 AM

I tried to report double yellow parking last week (elsewhere). It was after 5pm and I was informed by the receptionist there was nobody I could report it to.

As far as I can tell. although enforcement responsibility was passed from police to council many years ago, this council just enforces car parks and bays. They have no interest in yellow lines or bus stops or pavements. Which is a pity, as Westminster rake in the cash and our council has no money for libraries.

rshdunlop

22-02-2016 12:23 PM

Perhaps someone who is on Dartmouth Road on a daily basis could take a photo and email it to Lewisham each and every time they come across an illegally parked car or van. Then let Lewisham defend this ludicrous statement that there isn't a problem.

mrwandle

22-02-2016 12:46 PM

I think all the robust and proactive enforcers spend their time in Sainsbury's car park, they're always there. I got a ticket once for going 27 seconds over the allotted free period. Now that's robust.

Anotherjohn

22-02-2016 01:11 PM

Yes mrwandle - it shows that they're taking the easy option of raising revenue by shooting fish in a barrel and punishing the owners of cars in a car park (where they're tucked away and generally affecting nobody) rather than taking the trouble to do the work that's necessary to try to prevent unnecessary restrictions to the free movement of traffic and pedestrians in our town centre, which also causes frustration and delays to many people who are merely trying to pass through.

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Garthorne Road Nature Reserve Open Day Saturday 20th July 2pm - 4pm Herbparis 0 2,363 17-07-2019 09:17 PM
Last Post: Herbparis
  Garthorne Road Nature Reserve Open Day 20th April Herbparis 0 2,320 18-04-2019 11:16 AM
Last Post: Herbparis