SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Burglary Alert
admin
Administrator

30-01-2016 09:25 AM

Quote:
Unfortunately, we have had one burglary reported overnight in the Ringmore Rise area of Forest Hill.

Could I ask that when leaving your homes ensure alarms are set, doors and windows are locked and please, try not to leave items such as laptop computers or i-Pads on display when you are out.

Do not worry though, the numbers of reported burglaries within Forest Hill still continue to drop, especially since the introduction of Met Trace Smart Water. All we ask is that you remain extra vigilant and call police if you see anyone hanging about or do not appear familiar to you. Remember, you will not be wasting our time if you call, people do not mind speaking to police if they are there for legitimate reasons.

For any advice on home security, property marking or smart water, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Yours sincerely, Michael Hill 195PL

Michael Hill PC 195PL (DWPC)
Mail; Forest Hill Safer Neighbourhood's Team A
Metropolitan Police Service
Catford Hill Police Station
128 Catford Hill
London SE6 4PS

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
admin
Administrator

23-03-2016 03:58 PM

Quote:
During the last week there have been three burglary related offences within Forest Hill. The first in the Canonbie Road area of Forest Hill, the second on Wood Vale and the third being committed in the Kirkdale area.

These offences appear to be opportunistic.

We continue to patrol all parts of Forest Hill both in uniform and plain clothes but I ask that as a homeowner, you make your property as uninviting as possible to those individuals wanting to commit these offences by ensuring all widows, doors and locks are locked when leaving your home and alarms if fitted are set. Also, try to ensure that all items such as mobiles, laptops or i-pads are not left on display when no one is at home.

This advise extends to garden equipment as well. If you have a shed lock all items such as shovels away and try not to leave ladders in view from the road or wheelie bins by your windows. These should be secured against drainage pipes so they cant be used to access any windows.

If you want a security survey conducted on your home, this service is provided free of charge and the Metropolitan Police Service web site has some great crime prevention advice on this and other subjects.

If you wish to have a security survey and or property marked, call us to arrange an appointment on 020 8721 2712 or via our e-mail address on Forest Hill.SNT@met.police.uk.

Yours sincerely, Michael 195PL

Michael Hill PC 195PL (DWPC)
Mail; Forest Hill Safer Neighbourhood's Team A
Metropolitan Police Service
Catford Hill Police Station
128 Catford Hill
London SE6 4PS

mole

23-03-2016 05:02 PM

Thanks for the update.

I live near the Horniman Museum and our shed was broken into a couple of weeks' ago. They unscrewed all the hinges off the door overnight, so I'd definitely recommend bolts in several key places on each hinge.

They also attempted to break into my neighbour's garage and another neighbour's back gate last month.

The police were very helpful and gave a few further tips:

1) Trellis above garden gates and fences, adding extra height
2) Coach bolts on shed/garage hinges
3) Gravel on the path
4) Lights down the side of the house
5) Lock all valuable items inside your shed/garage

BT

23-03-2016 05:11 PM

Replace any accessible screws with Security screws. Almost impossible to undo and not expensive.
Security Screws

You can probably get them in most DIY outlets

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields