SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Pages (8): « First < Previous 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Next > Last »
Austerity
sandy

28-01-2016 11:05 AM

There must quite a lot of people in the net contributor group living in our area that are not Tory voters.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
crassbelch
Banned Troll

28-01-2016 11:16 AM

[Post removed due to abuse -admin]

sandy

28-01-2016 11:52 AM

So you have now surprised yourself too, as you referred earlier to the 'vast majority of FH residents'.

Londondrz

28-01-2016 01:43 PM
roz

28-01-2016 09:50 PM

Im not making 'benefit claims'. That was six years ago but you clearly didnt read my posts or examples properly being blinded by your irrationality.

How am I spending your taxes exactly on my 'lifestyle ' choices. Im lost here. I think its more accurate that Im spending my own.

If you actually do/did your research on benefits you would understand that unemployment benefit is funded from ones own NI contributions same as pensions are funded. So by the same token Im likely to be funding your state pension in due course like Im probably right now funding your visit to your GP, hospital appointments and rubbish collection.

I suspect Im a bit older than you in which case having paid more taxes Ive probably funded your education. I should have paid more clearly.

The most extremely disturbing thing about your thinking is that you have seriously suggested I and anyone in my predicament should have terminated a pregnancy due to a potentially transitory period of misfortune. For that I think you have stunned quite a few people and the memory will be long lasting.

robin orton

29-01-2016 07:50 AM

Quote:
Crassbelch said:

Regarding abortion - it's not a child, it's a bundle of cells called a foetus. And yes, I think it's better to terminate the cells than to wilfully bring a child into disadvantage.

I share Roz's distaste for this. But I think you'll find it's quite a widely held view?

roz

29-01-2016 08:03 AM

I think my distaste is more for the suggestion that people experiencing a run of bad luck when they find themselves pregnant should contemplate an abortion to satisfy people who complain about their taxes being spent unwisely.

Ive known someone who contemplated termination for that reason but thankfully they were talked out of it and they went on to be happy and sorted out despite being financially challenged. Chilling to think they could have, if they listened to people like him and read about how awful they were in the Daily Mail, been without the child they have now.

Im not against abortion per se but feel its desperately sad for people to do it or even give up babies for adoption on the basis of lack of money. Things can change. Babies may not always come along when you want them to.

ForestHillier

29-01-2016 08:08 AM

I dond think you should ever end a life just because if finances - yes thats why the welfare system was put in place, to help people who have fallen on hard times - i will hold my hand up as ive complained/moaned about the ones who take the pee, yet that will always happen as it happens in everyday life

Anyway as per my post yesterday - happy days 4 me, im alive, i have a nice home, a nice car, a wife and 2 kids [ well one is 21 now and one nearly 15 ], a decent job, so what have i got to moan about really ?

crassbelch
Banned Troll

29-01-2016 10:36 AM

This post was last modified: 29-01-2016 10:38 AM by crassbelch.

ForestHillier

29-01-2016 11:00 AM

Now we all know that your a pretty intelligent guy, however think you cheap jibes at Roz are a bit out of order

crassbelch
Banned Troll

29-01-2016 11:18 AM

crassbelch
Banned Troll

29-01-2016 11:31 AM

ForestHillier

29-01-2016 11:33 AM

Fair enough

P1971

29-01-2016 11:35 AM

I agree with ForestHillier on this.

Children are precious & no amount of money should ever come into it when thinking about a little human being's life.

I have 2 kids 18 & 13 and I could never imagine life without them be it good times or bad.

ForestHillier

29-01-2016 01:51 PM

Same here P1971 - like I said Im eagerly awaiting my youngest sons arrival home from Norfolk, he has been there since Sunday - yet seems like donkeys. I will be off from the Wharf at 1530 and he should be home around 1700 - 1800, cant wait

crassbelch
Banned Troll

29-01-2016 02:23 PM

Anotherjohn

29-01-2016 02:25 PM

Whether I agree about the child/foetus/cells/abortion thing or not, I wouldn't dream of telling anyone that their opinion on the matter is wrong.

Look, I was happy to father 2 children but, as a safety mechanism to myself, I would not think of the pregnancies as babies until they actually popped their scary little live heads out. Now I don't want anyone who knows me to comment on what a good father I may be or how much I love kids or anything but I don't know of anyone who dealt with the prospect and process of bringing a child into the world in the same way as I did. I know, therefore, that I'm extremely unusual for thinking like that. But so what! You will continue to get on with your lives and I will get on with mine despite what anyone might say or think.

From what I've seen it seems clear to me that the other person and Roz are poles apart on everything AND they're big enough and ugly enough to give and take so I'm sure they don't need support or flak from anyone on this forum to aid them with their opinions or arguments.

I'd be happy to let them get on with it.

ForestHillier

29-01-2016 02:49 PM

We appear to have slipped from topic here somewhat

Anyway - great weekend everyone and come on the CHELS

crassbelch
Banned Troll

29-01-2016 02:54 PM

SteveG85

29-01-2016 03:07 PM

I couldn't agree more with AnotherJohn. I've found the debate between Chris and Roz a great read and commend both for putting across their point of view largely without resorting to personal abuse. The least helpful posts from my point of view have been from people (#56, #69) insulting Chris.

I don't agree with all of what Chris says, but it's good to have someone make arguments in favour of returning government spending to sustainable levels, which I think are pretty convincing.

Pages (8): « First < Previous 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Next > Last »

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields