SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Pages (8): « First < Previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 Next > Last »
Austerity
roz

26-01-2016 10:29 PM

Ive never listened to Russell Brand. And Im not listening to you either.

That inefficient bloated machination aka Fairlawn Nursery, has been dispensed with along with all the other childrens centres, libraries and other initiatives that provide opportunity for children.

Have a good night.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
crassbelch
Banned Troll

26-01-2016 10:56 PM

[Post removed due to abuse -admin]

P1971

27-01-2016 12:26 AM

Woah! Please hold your boots guys x

There's so much to think about in many different categories.

We can't change the world as one group BUT we might be able to have a small say as a small group one day!!!

So let's think about this first and foremost and deal with bigger issues later on.

One thing I will say is that I completely agree with that person in that the majority of people receiving social housing for free that are competent to work should have no help unless they give something back & I think People trying to better themselves or that have disabilities etc should have help in my view.

This is just my opinion as one person.

Like Chris & others have mentioned before in another thread I too have a family member (cousin) that takes the p--- out of the system and it's not fair and not right. Use it if you need it but don't abuse it.

ForestHillier

27-01-2016 09:17 AM

Well said - yes there should be a welfare system for those who have fallen on hard times - yet dont make a career out of it, however what do you do, stop paying them benefits ? would they then not resort to crime ?

roz

27-01-2016 06:53 PM

The last three comments indicate a complete lack of knowledge and understanding frankly and are straight out of the Daily Mail. I wouldnt rely on it for education and would suggest you visit a library assuming you can find of those dreadful Labour extravagancies still open and stocked with those radical items previously known as books.

There is no such thing as social housing for 'free'- not now and as far as I can recall not even when I was living in it. The rents arent cheap but are naturally cheaper than the booming private rental market with single people paying £1000 a month. Is anyone saying thats an issue and everyone should pay market rents?

Yes some people will take the p but Id like to see how (again 6 years ago I found it impossible to milk the system for my own dole career and was penalised for arriving 5 minutes late to sign on due to having a sick child leading to a loss of benefits and ritual humiliation in front of the entire dole office.

Id been made redundant (sacked for becoming a mother which put paid to my 24/7 availability) but under the guise of the financial crash) fought at ET and they paid me off in the end) and was pregnant again ( unemployed with a toddler in a buggy.) Boy what a field day that gave some people who openly declared their views to me in the street and whilst signing on using terminology much as you do here. I recall clearly a woman having a go at me as I came out of the job centre. I still see her in Sainsburys.

Signing on whilst pregnant and with a child. Gosh. I also got threatened with being thrown out for giving myself and my daughter a sip of water on a hot day. If its a doddle signing on I must have been in the wrong office.

Going for other professional jobs it became clear that the stigma of being unemployed also was an issue. The cycle was hard to break. Confidence drops and the constant deliberate dehumanisation of the dole office doesnt help.

The reality is that more families are being pushed onto the breadline , and receiving sanctions less right and centre. The bedroom tax and HB caps means that more people are moving out of London to ' cheaper' areas but the reality is that people on low incomes are needed to keep shops, restaurants and offices going and very soon everyone will notice when theres no one stacking shelves or running petrol stations, hospitals etc.

The Tories are doing a great job of confidently convincing everyone of the righteousness of their assault on the public sector/ migrants/refugees/immigrants/jobseekers whilst lining the pockets of their friends and generally creating a smokescreen behind which education is being dismantled and the family silver mortgaged to China. This is privilege talking.

The other myth is that we can all pull ourselves up by the bootstraps and get on. The reality is that hard work and luck play a part but access to capital and privilege is more likely to project even the dimmest and incompetent to a position of influence and wealth.

Not all things are equal and it is effectively by the grace of god or whatever that people escape some misfortune , illness etc that lands them on the Council waiting list or the job centre.

crassbelch
Banned Troll

27-01-2016 07:02 PM

crassbelch
Banned Troll

27-01-2016 07:08 PM

roz

27-01-2016 07:10 PM

So you d like your essential workers , teachers nurses, firemen, the people who serve you in Sainsburys, to be bussed in from South Wales or Northallerton to keep local services going? Where are ordinary folk to live?

roz

27-01-2016 07:12 PM

So the fact that I was made redundant ( proved to be discrimination) with a child then to find that I was pregnant was a bad life choice? Arent you the ideal citizen!

crassbelch
Banned Troll

27-01-2016 07:19 PM

crassbelch
Banned Troll

27-01-2016 07:21 PM

crassbelch
Banned Troll

27-01-2016 07:28 PM

roz

27-01-2016 08:17 PM

Sorry, who said I didnt have savings? Bit of an assumption, no? And are you seriously suggesting I should have availed myself of an abortion as I was suddenly and unexpectedly put on the dole after proven discrimination at work? Heaven help us if your mentality and views thinks the destruction of a childs life is an acceptable direction for someone facing sudden misfortune. But no doubt in this unforgiving society there are people who think like you do.

And not being able to fend for ourselves?? How do you know?

Either you are very young or very naive about life if you think its a straight line and nothing bad will ever happen to you. You make a lot of assumptions about people and that theres always a clear Dickensian Tory explanation about how feckless people always produce their own downfall by not planning adequately, making bad decisions, being too greedy etc.

Unemployment is low but theres a degree of massaging the figures then of course there are zero hours contracts so people on those arent counted within the statistics.

If you perhaps looked around the straight line not straight through that you might see that things arent as they seem necessarily.

But for now the local Tories are probably biting your hand off to be the next MP.

Heres the thing. Cameron and Osborne inherited substantial wealth and privilege. Osborne didnt suddenly grow a wallpaper empire using his brain. Camerons money comes from industry with roots in the slave plantations and trade. That money has been moving mountains for centuries and breeding further privilege. Neither of them made any money or had an inspiring business venture of their own. These people are sitting as judge and jury on the lives of others. They are not in business to educate the masses to think critically or creatively. They are in business to maintain the status quo and create hungry employees who will be grateful for work at any price.

So please dont sit there and preach at us ordinary mortals like you have no claim on societal support either. You will have, and youll be glad of it.

BillieJameson

27-01-2016 09:17 PM

Cogently argued Roz. I'm with you completely. BJ

crassbelch
Banned Troll

27-01-2016 09:22 PM

[Hate comments re abortion removed -admin]

BillieJameson

27-01-2016 09:31 PM

I almost feel sorry for you CB - you seem to have such a bitter and twisted view of humanity and see all solutions in black and white. BJ

crassbelch
Banned Troll

27-01-2016 09:34 PM

crassbelch
Banned Troll

27-01-2016 09:40 PM

crassbelch
Banned Troll

27-01-2016 09:47 PM

This post was last modified: 27-01-2016 09:47 PM by crassbelch.

roz

28-01-2016 12:46 AM

Cant do the quote thingy, sorry. I clearly didnt go to Eton.

Their Eton education made them bright enquiring and intelligent? Wink Oh. Do you have an understanding of irony or self parody as you are great at that.

Ive enjoyed playing with you but Im glad Ive exposed more and more of your abhorrent arrogant narrow minded views. Love the bit about the bundle of cells not a foetus. Shows how little understanding and respect you have for life and others. Just like a Tory in fact.

Er no the fact I may have had savings wasnt an issue as I was claiming JSA which was based on my 20 years NI contributions and savings were not relevant.But you didnt know that did you?

Ill just go and tuck my bundle of cells back into her bed before she wakes up. Night night all.

Pages (8): « First < Previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 Next > Last »

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields