SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Pages (2): « First < Previous 1 [2] Last »
johnny rotten racist attack
brian

28-10-2008 03:30 PM

What is strange is that Dairy Crest think using this ( gentleman ) would improve their sales.
I would imagine would turn most people of their product whether racist or not.
It would be the same if that oaf R . Brand non esq advertised anything.
It would be interesting to understand Dairy Crest's thinking.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
roz

28-10-2008 07:38 PM

Is this really worth so much discussion? I don't mean to be rude, but there is a recession looming, theres a US presidential election next week with the first black president ever looking a highly likely prospect, and theres some really good stuff on TV at the moment. So much to talk about, so little time. So why the focus on ageing rockers and processed cheese? Is this a displacement activity of some kind?

simonj

29-10-2008 10:30 AM

As I said in my original post - I have done something about it. Standing down off my soap box - simonj

Ps toffeejim - if the title of this post is good enough for the guardian, it good enough for me.

brian

29-10-2008 12:31 PM

Roz I agree.
But argue one point.
How is Mr Obama black when his mother is white. Surely he is of mixed origin

I do wish him all the best

Zeus

31-10-2008 11:47 AM

I dont think he will be the first black President of the USA. What about President Palmer? or have I been watching too much TV?

brian

01-11-2008 11:24 AM

I am lost ( not for the first time) who is or was President Palmer.?

simonj

01-11-2008 01:38 PM

from 24, a top series staring Keifer Sutherland.

roz

01-11-2008 03:35 PM

Actually the first black president of the US was in fact Jocelyn Jee 'Condoleeza 'Essien. How could I have forgotten. Surely the best comedian on TV for a long time.

Seriously though and perhaps worth another thread of its own, I am still convinced we are all on a course of displacement in these worrying times. Who could have guessed that Russell Brand and J Ross would be the subject of so much discussion, including being the subject of discussion in parliament, receiving a telling off by Dennis Skinner, and an official commentary from Gordon Brown. The two main features on the BBC national news the other night were the Ross and Russ business and David Tennant leaving Dr Who. What is going on? Have we not enough to talk about already? Is this the lull before Xmas? Perhaps its time for another bank to fall....

What the Obnoxious Two said went over the line but I do miss them both already as they are very funny. And it did put Jonathan Sachs back in the media spotlight. I was very surprised to hear he was still alive. I doubt whether the whole affair has done any of them any real harm in the long run.

michael

01-11-2008 03:56 PM

Roz wrote:
...And it did put Jonathan Sachs back in the media spotlight.

I think you mean Andrew Sachs rather than the chief Rabbi.

You comments are clearly Sachist and I believe you should resign from your position on this Forum, along with the administrator for letting such a mistake be broadcast on a public forum.

brian

01-11-2008 04:06 PM

Roz
You find them both funny? Did you really mean or were you joking.

simonj

01-11-2008 05:03 PM

I find J Ross mildly amusing but Mr Brand is about as funny as J Rotten's butter adverts.

baggydave

01-11-2008 08:47 PM

I am surprised that none of my sharp eyed readers did not notice that I predicted the Jonathan Ross debacle (see my earlier posting)

And thanks Simon "if it is good enough for the Grauniad it is good enough for me" - hopefully most of the people who read it have the intelligence not to believe everything is says. But I think I will try and bring this quote into a conversation at least once a day. Precious! Almost as good as (genuine) conversations I have had with my Bromley cousins "as it said in the Daily Mail"

Not what does my crystal ball say about Bonio. Maybe him and JimKer could play a prank on Nelson Mandella's answer phone, with Sting, Midge and Lord Bob giggling in the background.

Pages (2): « First < Previous 1 [2] Last »

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields