SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Move to Forest Hill
FH2016

22-12-2015 08:33 PM

We are trying to find a house in forest hill, however we are not familiar with the area. Can someone provide us some information regarding the neighbourhood, such as schools, safety (i.e any break in or burglary). We are interest in church rise or one/two street behind.

Thank you for all your help !

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
P1971

23-12-2015 08:25 AM

Hi FH2016

I live very close to Church Rise (Rockbourne Rd) and feel very safe where I live, there are many great schools in the area to choose from.

FH is a great community and I'm sure you'll love it if you move here.

I'm also a local trader aswell as resident (as are many of the independent shop owners) so feel free to pop in for a chat anytime about anything FH.

Snazy

23-12-2015 11:00 AM

Welcome FH2016.I have lived on Church Rise for almost 35 years now, so happy to answer any specific questions you might have. I am on the Waldram Park side of CR, not the Perry Vale side.

Feel free to drop me a private message.

Sherwood

24-12-2015 09:32 AM

I think Forest Hill is a good area to live.

We have good transport. We have night buses to come home at night. If you don't feel safe coming home, you can get a cab from near Forest Hill railway station.

Generally, the primary schools in the area are good or excellent.

This post was last modified: 24-12-2015 09:32 AM by Sherwood.

LizG

25-01-2016 06:52 PM

I have lived in Forest Hill (just off London Road) for nineteen years and love it and I feel safe.

The transport links are excellent. I do, as Sherwood suggested, get a cab from the station if I'm very late, but only because my road is really dark.

There are plenty of shops, restaurants and cafes. You are also a short walk away from a number of parks

I have grandchildren at Eliot Bank (primary school), which is the Sydenham side of Forest Hill, and Forest Hill Boys (secondary). They are very happy and doing well and there is a very good and friendly family/community feel about both schools. There are plenty of other schools in the area, which also have a good reputation and there is no doubt a primary nearer to Church Rise.

I hope you find a house you like.

Decker

26-01-2016 08:45 AM

Amazing area. Good luck finding a house though. Huge shortage especially anywhere near the good schools. You will probably have to go a couple Streets further away from Church Rise. If you need to think about schools, make sure you look at the most recent intake report on the Lewisham website and measure the distances yourself. The catchment areas in Forest Hill are absolute tiny. Do not trust what real estate agents say about all the good schools, because you will most likely be outside the catchment areas.

jdj

26-01-2016 04:34 PM

Fantastic area, fairly close to central London (45 mins to anywhere), loads of green areas, beautiful views, near a golf course (If you're that way inclined), lovely people too.
We moved to the area last year; knowning nothing of the area, and it has been and still is the best decision we ever made.

So much history here too...just do it! lol
Thumbsup

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Let's move to Forest Hill michael 40 41,461 02-05-2013 01:12 PM
Last Post: Novels
  Planning to move to Forest Hill (or ED) alimc 21 28,076 05-04-2013 10:04 AM
Last Post: foresthillfan
  Planning to move to Forest Hill Hayward223 5 8,580 24-09-2012 12:29 PM
Last Post: HCT77
  Move to Forest Hill or Honor Oak Park? ourkid025 14 28,824 14-11-2011 02:57 PM
Last Post: rmurraywest