SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Pages (2): « First [1] 2 Next > Last »
Royal Mail Delivery Problems
midlife

28-11-2015 05:24 PM

What on earth is the problem with Perry vale sorting office? Why have I not got ANY mail yet again. I went to collect a parcel this morning and watched people oicking up back logs of post themselves. What is tgepoint of the postal service if you have to walk round to pick up your own mail? It is not even December yet and the chaos has started. We are receiving extremely poor service in SE23

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
rymerster

28-11-2015 06:57 PM

I thought it was just me! I live in flats so it is very obvious that on some days there can't be a delivery as there is no mail for anyone, and then a lot the next day. I recently had a parcel mysteriously disappear only to be delivered a month later, no clue why.

Londondrz

28-11-2015 07:25 PM

I seem to be at the end of our posties round so get all mail he has forgotten to deliver, I then walk around delivering it.

Sherwood

29-11-2015 09:44 AM

I think I get deliveries only every other day.

PollyEster63

29-11-2015 09:44 AM

I had exactly this conversation with my neighbour on Thursday!

Snazy

29-11-2015 11:18 AM

Had the same letter mis-delivered to my address 3 times, each time adding another NOT AT THIS ADDRESS on it, but still came back. Eventually tweeted it to Royal Mail and was told it had been delivered to me as the address on the envelope didn't exist.... RIGHT ! Confused

We get 2 deliveries of mail a day. One from the postie, and then the neighbourhood does their own delivery of mis-delivered mail to each other later in the day.

Has become a bit of a joke now. Thumbdown

midlife

29-11-2015 12:17 PM

I am really concerned that this situation will only get worse over the Christmas period. It is not acceptable to have no post for one or two days then receive an avalanche on the third day which we experienced last week. Some people are waiting for urgent letters. This is not the first time the postal service has experienced these problems in this area. As a woman said the other morning at the
sorting office. 'He should not be thanking me for picking up my mail. He should be delivering it!! $

goodmorningforesthill

30-11-2015 11:05 AM

Glad to know I'm not the only one with this problem. Card sent five weeks ago never arrived, parcels missing, days on end with no post.

Mr_Numbers

30-11-2015 12:45 PM

I have to say, I'm not aware of any problems in Sunderland Road.

ForestHillier

30-11-2015 02:21 PM

Appears that the money you spend to send post is just a charge for them to ask you to collect it.

midlife

30-11-2015 09:22 PM

I have complained to Royal Mail who have 'escalated' the issue ( apparently) as I complained 2 weeks ago about the same thing. I asked my postman today why we didn't have a delivery on Saturday. He said 'I don't think there was anyone there to take it out' .....Oh! so that explains it.

silversioux

01-12-2015 08:27 AM

I've had constant non deliveries which I have rearranged for Saturday's. Two weeks ago I asked for two parcels to be delivered on Sat 14th Nov one turned up went back to sorting office twice to get it the last time blatantly being told that two were delivered and I had to make a claim if I disputed this... so basically they are telling me I am a liar... I also went to pick up another parcel the day after I got the card to be told it wasn't there as the manager tried to deliver it the day before and he wasn't in today so had probably took them home with him I then went home and arranged for it to be delivered on Sat 21st Nov and it didn't turn up getting really need off now.

midlife

01-12-2015 10:09 AM

I have a reference for my complaint
1-34477841953

The complaint line is 03457740740 should anyone else like to support my efforts to improve the service we are currently experiencing.

lacb

01-12-2015 11:33 AM

Quote:
blatantly being told that two were delivered and I had to make a claim if I disputed this... so basically they are telling me I am a liar

Not quite. If you make a claim then the issue will be investigated and the sender can get the item replaced, which would also enable you to get sent a replacement. Have had to go through this process recently and it does work. Yes it feels like a faff but if enough people do this then they will have to recognise that there is a problem.

PhillyH

03-12-2015 10:33 PM

Our post (on Honor Oak Rise at the top of Forest Hill Road) just didn’t turn up for a week a couple of weeks back. And as our son had his birthday during this period we knew that letters have definitely been posted.

Then all our mail turned up at once a week after last receiving post. My good lady bumped into the postman, who was weighed down with a massive bag. He said he'd been on holiday and no one had covered his shift.

Things definitely not right, but maybe not as sinister as we may think.

SteveG85

09-12-2015 04:40 PM

I am about to make a complain to Royal Mail too. We have not received several parcels over the past year or so and are starting to worry that something suspicious is going on...

Medley

18-12-2015 07:51 PM

I've complained as well. We're on Agnew Road, south of HOP station. No post then other people's post - all got much worse recently.

Got the standard reply about how concerned they were etc etc and how rare this was. Gratifyingly (to a point) this reply arrived on a day when the post went bonkers again. I have a few times almost turned into the postie, wandering the district posting other people's mail to them and hoping they'll do the same for us.

Devonish Forester

24-12-2015 11:35 AM

I have two complaints with Royal Mail currently: 1) a redirection not being observed 2) a recorded delivery sent by me in Forest Hill that a month later is still 'out for delivery'.

hoarsewhisperer

11-01-2016 08:55 AM

Is anyone still having issues? We both had birthdays last week and multiple cards still missing (we know they were sent).

Thorners

11-01-2016 10:26 AM

They tried to deliver a parcel while I was out and decided for some reason to leave it at one of the charity shops on London Road (not even close to my place) but didn't leave me a card to tell me that!

Pages (2): « First [1] 2 Next > Last »

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Lack of Royal Mail letter box deliveries in Forest Hill lately Scorpion 3 1,604 01-11-2023 10:24 AM
Last Post: Scorpion
  Royal Mail postal delays samuelsen 1 3,134 31-12-2021 03:35 PM
Last Post: samuelsen
  Royal Mail Delivery of Packages Redalways 33 34,655 07-03-2010 04:16 PM
Last Post: Red67