SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Wells Park Practice
nottinghillbilly

06-11-2015 03:10 PM

I wondered if anyone else on here is having problems with the Wells Park Practise medical centre, sadly they are the only surgery in the area we could register with although most of our neighbours on Taymount rise seem to be with the Jenner-However that aside.
I've had battles over them not sending out repeat perscriptions to Boots the chemist for well over a year now, boots request two weeks before I run out and invariably end up giving me an emergency supply because of lack of response from the practise, it can sometimes take a couple of faxes from Boots to get them.
Now to add insult to injury they appear to have changed their telephone system-It was horrendous already-I recently had to make 35 calls in a space of two days, 19miniutes in a queue having at last got through as opposed to receiving an engaged tone, only to be told no appointments were available.
`Anyway yesterday I tried calling them about yet another AWOL repeat prescription and when i got through went on hold with Muzak playing endlessly, no indication of where I was in a queue how the queue was progressing, after 11miniutes on hold I gave up.
It seems crazy having a system where you are expected to hold on ad-infinitum without knowing if you're 3rd in the queue or 30th.
at my wits end. I've messaged a complaint via their website but just wondered if others agree how rubbish this new phone system is, and also how inefficient the surgery is generally.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Snazy

06-11-2015 03:43 PM

I have to admit, coming from Sydenham Surgery to Wells Park the first thing that struck me was the sheer size of the operation.
I agree the phone system is a problem, though mainly because of the short window that appointments are up for grabs, and no separate line for enquiries. While the automated system appears to split the calls, its the same people on the same lines answering.

That said I manage without calling the surgery these days, and it is all done online, a huge relief.
I collect my repeats from the local pharmacy, just for ease of being able to walk "next door" if there is an issue.

I sympathise fully though.

robin orton

11-11-2015 11:20 PM

I agree about the new telephone system (which you have to use if you want an appointment with a nurse or to have a blood sample taken - you can't do that online.) I miss that woman with the American accent telling me where I am in the queue. I have an appointment at the surgery on Friday - if I'm feeling brave enough, I'll ask someone why they've changed the system. (Nothing on their website about it so far as I can see.)

nottinghillbilly

11-11-2015 11:38 PM

Please do!
Its an utter nightmare.
I spent my whole lunch-hour yesterday trying continuously to get through.
My other half managed to get an appointment for himself only by going into the surgery on his way into work (he works flexi-time locally so could do this)
As I work in the west end and work long hours I'm not able to do this.
Please ask them to re-instate the old system-I don't mind hanging on for ages if at least I know I'm moving up the queue!

robin orton

13-11-2015 10:44 AM

I told the doctor how awful the new phone system was and how it inhibited me from recommending what was otherwise, in my view, an excellent practice. She sighed and said, 'I know!' I had previously mentioned it to the receptionist, who promised to pass my concern to 'the management.' I didn't really have time to investigate why they'd abandoned the old system.

Short of lodging a formal complaint (which I might be prepared to do if things don't get better soon), I'm not sure what else one can do. But I guess it might be a good idea if as many patients as possible made representations to the practice.

This post was last modified: 13-11-2015 10:53 AM by robin orton.

Snazy

13-11-2015 03:42 PM

I'm sure it wasn't installed to make life hard for anyone (not that anyone is suggesting that), more like one of those highly expensive, efficiency expert things where somewhere is told how great something is, and how it will revolutionise the way they work... Only for it to fall flat on their face.

I would definitely recommend an email to the practise manager, the more the merrier. After all, without feedback they may think its great.

nottinghillbilly

13-11-2015 08:17 PM

I've actually messaged them via the practise website,
haven't had any response though.
anyone know the Practise managers email?

robin orton

14-11-2015 06:22 PM

I've messaged them too.

I expect the practice manager's email address is a closely guarded secret.

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields