SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Where to see Fireworks on Thursday?
jdj

03-11-2015 04:49 PM

Hi all,

I am relatively new to the area and was wondering if anyone knew where we could watch fireworks on Thursday?
I did initally think we could go to the horniman gardens or the top of one tree hill but I believe they shut at a certain time so that might not be an option.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks Smile

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Mr_Numbers

03-11-2015 05:29 PM

We usually go to Blackheath. Bus 185 or 122 to Lewisham then walk up Lewisham Road/Lewisham Hill to the heath. Free and always very good.

http://www.lewisham.gov.uk/inmyarea/even...fault.aspx

Londondrz

03-11-2015 05:49 PM

Crystal Palace has two shows, the early is child friendly and the later is full on boomWow

lacb

03-11-2015 05:59 PM

Would certainly back recommendation for Blackheath but that is at the weekend (and better than CP IMO). OP was asking about where to watch on the 5th. If you just want an unobstructed long view of the skyline then you could try Blythe Hill. Don't know of any local displays on the day.

jdj

11-11-2015 01:07 PM

Thanks all, we went to the top of one tree hill on the Thursday.
Whilst the view was lovely, there weren't many fireworks but thank you for mentioning blackheath as that's where we ended up on Saturday and we had a ball Thumbsup

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields