SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Pages (3): « First < Previous 1 [2] 3 Next > Last »
Proposed New Homes at Eliot Bank & Knapdale Close
Red67

25-11-2015 02:33 PM

Local landmarks...

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Woody
No Longer Registered

25-11-2015 02:50 PM

I wouldn't get too excited about fire brigade concerns.

I seem to remember in relation to the Tyson Road development the Fire Brigade expressed concerns about being able to reach one of the blocks the access route to which was through an underground car park.

You have to presume the Planning Department did not share their concerns although interesting I only found out about the issue when I submitted a freedom of interest request (which the Council fought tooth and nail).

Ask yourself this question; if the Council are proposing this development do you really think that the Planning Department are going to raise any objections?

The only real question is where next?

michael

25-11-2015 03:43 PM

Woody,
Do you have any advice about bat surveys and how to find out where bats roost?

Herbparis

25-11-2015 10:14 PM

Hi Michael

I will contact the London also Kent Bat Groups, London Wildlife Trust and Lewisham Conservation manager who I have contacts and friends with these organisations, in the near future.

I do own a Bat detector myself and will also do my own survey during the appropriate time and publish my results.

Woody
No Longer Registered

25-11-2015 11:29 PM

On Tyson Road we had bat recordings taken from an adjoining property loaded up on You Tube and we also commissioned an independent expert to produce a bat report which was funded by local donations.

This report pointed out various defects in the developer's report.

Faced with two conflicting reports from two experts what the Planning Department should have done is commission their own report.

What did they do? They asked the developer's expert to comment on the independent report and then told the planning committee that it was satisfied that the developer's expert was correct.

So you see it isn't a level playing field.

If the planners want a development to go ahead you haven't got a cat's chance in hell of winning the planning argument.

In the days before Lewisham became a one party state if you could get local Councillor support you had a slim chance of success at the planning committee meeting. Now I am afraid if you aren't a Corbyn comrade even that option has gone.

I will dig out the details of the bat surveyor and pm them to you but to be honest I think you would be wasting your time. You could find a nesting dodo on the site and Lewisham's planners would still tell you that the best option would be to allow the development and relocate the bird to Catford.

Red67

26-11-2015 01:52 AM

"Now I am afraid if you aren't a Corbyn comrade even that option has gone"

Umm, you couldn't be more wrong...

Red67

26-11-2015 01:56 AM

What a lovely view of a local heritage site....

Woody
No Longer Registered

26-11-2015 09:42 AM

Great news, I look forward to a famous victory at the planning committee meeting.

Red67

26-11-2015 10:21 AM

..sensitive to the scale of the buildings around it... Why not make it 30 floors?!

Red67

26-11-2015 12:01 PM

You misunderstand Woody, i meant you'd be hard pushed to find anyone who supports Corbyn in Lewisham Council or who would favour his supporters!

A long way to go with the Eliot Bank development yet, as we keep being told by Lewisham Homes, Lewisham Council and anyone else; it's in the 'fairly early stages'.....

.....apparently....

michael

26-11-2015 01:35 PM

Red67, I'm glad you suggested 30 floors.

A 30 storey building would be a great addition to the area and provide fantastic views across South London. The roof should include a publicly accessible garden for the benefit of all visitors to the area.

The only problem I can see is that this wouldn't really fit in with the existing buildings in Eliot Bank. The obvious solution is to build them all up to 30 floors.

Londondrz

26-11-2015 02:08 PM

I think we should have a very large Shard'esq building on the site of the police radio transmitter near the Horniman school. That will put FH on the map. Make the top floor a Wetherspoons and a commercial area on the ground floor for nail bars and estate agents with the remaining floors for only the very wealthy to have homes.

SortedThumbsup

Red67

26-11-2015 07:06 PM

"The obvious solution is to build them all up to 30 floors."

Duh, of course...genius idea, Michael, why didn't i think of that?!

I am totally lovin' your style Londondrz, do you work for Lewisham Homes?

(psssst...I've heard that the penthouse flat with the best views has been reserved for someone already...)

Londondrz

27-11-2015 12:26 PM

Red67. reserved for me, that's the way we roll in Lewisham!!!!

It's not and I dont work for Lewisham. All my own, very tongue in cheek, work Laugh

Red67

27-11-2015 07:28 PM

Never been a Stones fan, but....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUDMzhlefMs

See you up on the viewing deck, Londondrz!

Londondrz

27-11-2015 09:43 PM

Thumbsup

Herbparis

30-11-2015 07:42 PM

A revised Eliot Bank Tower Block Proposal leaflet delivered today in Eliot Bank (Forest Estate) with mock up view of tower block from Horniman Garden, Horniman Triangle, Sydenham Rise & Eliot Bank. Prepared by Tarleton Woods & Eliot Bank Residents Associations.

If you wish to join the Save Eliot Bank Community Green Spaces (SEBCoGS) campaign we have a Facebook group or send me a private message if you wish to go on the mailing list.

Attached File(s)
.pdf File  Revised Eliot Bank Tower Block Proposal.pdf (Size: 811.93 KB / Downloads: 380)
Herbparis

07-03-2016 03:05 PM

Its have been a while since any news on the proposed housing development on the Forest Estate announced by Lewisham Homes last year and concerned residents are still awaiting a public meeting that was promised by Cllr Hilton at the end of January or beginning of February. A member of the Facebook campaign who is an architect has identified other possible council/private owned Brownfield sites that the council could use to build private housing to fund the building of social housing.

Please check it out on ours Facebook Campaign group page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/SaveElio...eenSpaces/ has the file is too large to download on this forum.

To prove this labour council is inadequate to run this local Authority they have allowed Barrett Homes to only built 113 homes for affordable rent out of the 589 homes on the old Catford Greyhound Stadium at the beginning of the redevelopment Lewisham Lib Dems Councillor Chris Maines said: "This is publicly owned land in a deal with Barratt and you'd expect more affordable housing delivered this an missed opportunity

Now they want to built a 16 storey development between Catford Bridge and Catford Stations, question is how many of them units will be social housing? probably none due to pressure from the developers that they are not making any profit. which is RUBBISH

michael

07-03-2016 03:43 PM

How would building flats on top of the petrol station on London Road help the council make money to fund the building of social housing?

I assume this site is owned by Exxon-Mobile or some other private land owner, as is the Red Cross shop and Pizza Hut on London Road, which was granted planning permission for residential above. Nor do the council own the railway line. Network Rail would be the only company to make money out of building residential above the railway line, but for some reason they haven't done this on any sites I can think of on the network.

Can you explain how the council would make money from the development of these sites?

Some of the other ideas are great, but none of them address the actual concerns of residents in and around Eliot Bank. Lewisham Council / Lewisham Homes want to build everywhere they can. I'm sure this document will give them some new ideas, but that won't stop them wanting to build on a nice green space on Eliot Bank (especially since the market value so close to the Horniman is higher than in other locations, financially this site is very attractive to Lewisham Council / Homes).

Red67

08-03-2016 02:36 PM

Well, it's all just a bit of harmless speculation isn't it? The Mayor (or rather a letter from his office) testily asked if there were any 'alternative suggestions' as to where to build, so this is just one hypothetical, 'i wonder if...' set of responses and alternatives.... more interestingly, it shows the lack of imagination and lost opportunities in planning demonstrated by the Council, and also it's current behaviour, which is beginning to make even the most rapacious of property developers look like they have some scruples.

Don't worry though, because Cllr Upex will be along to tell us all about some fluffy little kittens, or similar, on another thread soon...

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Lost water pressure in Eliot Bank Herbparis 1 3,374 05-12-2018 12:33 PM
Last Post: BigED
  17 New Homes Proposed for Forest Estate, Forest Hill, SE23 hillview 0 4,533 20-10-2017 06:39 PM
Last Post: hillview
  Eliot Bank Hamilly 5 6,569 22-02-2016 06:39 PM
Last Post: P1971
  Date for your diary: Eliot Bank Summer Fair 20 June sydenhamhiller 0 3,482 09-06-2009 10:23 AM
Last Post: sydenhamhiller
  Eliot Bank School Summer Fair -Saturday 20 June sydenhamhiller 0 3,888 12-05-2009 02:16 PM
Last Post: sydenhamhiller
  Eliot Bank School erasmus 26 35,946 02-03-2009 11:08 PM
Last Post: eddy