SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Pages (2): « First < Previous 1 [2] Last »
Man spotted carrying a knife
Londondrz

30-09-2015 07:53 PM

Please let the police know, there is every chance he is hiding a knife to collect when he needs it.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Mr_Numbers

02-10-2015 10:12 AM

Quote:
the knives Lambeth Police posted today that they have had handed in in their knife bin.

Bloody hell, Snazy! That is a f*** of a lot of knives!!! And - cripes! - that's only the ones that have been confiscated? Wow.

Edit: Sorry for my intemperate language, but wow. That is quite a lot of knives.

This post was last modified: 02-10-2015 10:12 AM by Mr_Numbers.

Snazy

02-10-2015 03:23 PM

Yup. Sorry my posts were a little misleading. They did post a picture of all the recent confiscations, but can't find that.
Lewisham regularly post knives they have taken off the streets and it is alarming.

So easy to obtain these daysdays, clearly the done thing to carry one

Mr_Numbers

02-10-2015 03:46 PM

No, you weren't misleading at all, Snazy, I just didn't read your post properly.

So - flippin' 'eck: that's the knives that have been handed in voluntarily??? Scared The number that have been confiscated must be mind-boggling! And the number that are still out there? Doesn't bear thinking about.

Still, I mustn't scaremonger. I suppose with a bit of common sense about where you go and at what time of day and who your 'friends' are then I suppose the vast majority of us will never have the misfortune to see the business end of one of those.

Perryman

03-10-2015 11:34 AM

Most of those knives look like ordinary kitchen knives.
Even some of the nastier ones would be handy for the garden.

If the idea is to collect items that some people think of as weapons, then they could also collect screwdrivers, pointy sticks and bottles.
As terrifying as it is to think that they, or their friends have considered using these items to attack people, collecting them does nothing - they mostly are cheap common items.

Snazy

03-10-2015 02:18 PM

You have to put it in context.
Each knife handed in is a knife someone on a given day chose to leave home with, in possession of.
Either as self defence or as an act of aggression.

Each knife was handed in by one of these people having a change of heart.
Easy to obtain or not, it is a representation of just how many journies have been started with other intentions.

Even if it doesn't make you feel safer, it should at least paint a clearer picture of what's going on out there.

Should we walk about petrified, heck no, but should be be aware... Yup

Pages (2): « First < Previous 1 [2] Last »

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields