SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Pages (2): « First [1] 2 Next > Last »
Man spotted carrying a knife
smithsmith

28-09-2015 07:59 PM

Hi

I live in the Perry Vale area and spotted someone leaving my close this morning with a carving knife unsubtly tucked in the back of his jeans. I have reported it to the police but don't know whether they managed to catch him. He was a black man, small build, wearing a distinctive bright red hat. Please be careful! Why would anyone wander round with a knife?

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ligersaur

28-09-2015 11:26 PM

Quote:
Why would anyone wander round with a knife?

Foxes: they are out of control. I bet someone is feeding them.

Azira

29-09-2015 11:29 AM

Heh.

AMFM

29-09-2015 11:52 AM

One of our neighbours was mugged at knife point about a month ago in the Perry Vale area and had a very nice watch taken - might be the same guy as I don't think the police have made an arrest

Snazy

29-09-2015 11:55 AM

Nice one for reporting it. Why people carry some of the stuff they are found with on them is a mystery to me, other than the obvious, to inflict harm.

ForestHillier

29-09-2015 12:09 PM

Today 12:26 AM
Quote:
Why would anyone wander round with a knife?

Foxes: they are out of control. I bet someone is feeding them.

Hardly a laughing matter is it - you wont be laughing if you get attacked

Mr Robin Banks

29-09-2015 07:36 PM

Quote:
spotted someone leaving my close

where exactly is this, might need to avoid it Scared

This post was last modified: 29-09-2015 07:36 PM by Mr Robin Banks.

Londondrz

29-09-2015 07:38 PM

It is not a laughing matter, he may cut himself and sue the shop he nicked it from.

Azira

30-09-2015 09:37 AM

Quote:
Hardly a laughing matter is it - you wont be laughing if you get attacked

I'm sure he/she will come back and apologise for daring to make light of a post on the internet if he/she is stabbed.[/quote]

Londondrz

30-09-2015 11:37 AM

Wow, tough crowd.Scared

Ask any fireman, policeman, paramedic, forces personnel etc what their coping mechanism is for their job and instances like this. If they know you really well and are prepared to open up they will tell you. Humour.

It helped me. Thumbsup

ForestHillier

30-09-2015 12:16 PM

ha ha ha - omg ive never laughed so much - when one of you are the victim, then maybe you will see this in a different light - however I do get the jest of tryingto defuse the post and make us happy

Londondrz

30-09-2015 01:10 PM

FH, I have been attacked outside my house by two yoof intent on stealing a neighbours motorcycle. One was armed with a heavy chain, the other a crow bar. Their attacked didnt get me but left a steel motorcycle tank with a deep dent in it. As one of the two attending police said to me when he saw that "glad that didnt connect, it would have been game over". You know my response "Luckily they were taking on a slightly fat, drunk ninja".

So, I have been there, I wear the T-Shirt with pride.

I also have a lot of pride in FH and civility so I bring people to task over litter, theft, driving the wrong way. I dont sit behind a keyboard and talk about it (this comment is not directed at anyone in peculiar btw).Laugh

ForestHillier

30-09-2015 01:53 PM

Fair enough and thanks for being so helpful in and around FH - I reacted as I thinkof my mum alone [ in FH ]. as a while back, 2 scum buckets knokced on her door, pretended they were council looking for leaks and stole money, thankfuly she was not hurt, however she is 93, so when you see things like man seen walking about with a knife. you tend to worry about other members of the family who may not be able to defend themselves as well as we can

Azira

30-09-2015 01:57 PM

I was just beaten up because someone disturbed them before they could stab me, but otherwise what Londondrz said.

Londondrz

30-09-2015 02:42 PM

FH, you are right. I am to blame for looking at my life from my own little bubble sometimes and forget that there are people who are more vulnerable and not able to defend themselves (well as well as any fat, drunk bloke can). I hope your mother recovered from her ordeal. I know a lot of the older generation are tougher than us but it must have been a nasty experience.

Snazy

30-09-2015 03:37 PM

Just my bit....

I appreciate the serious nature of the post, and indeed knifes on the streets are a serious issue. Just seeing what Lambeth took off the streets this year makes my stomach turn.

However, having been involved in quite a few incidents in my days, including a rather nasty one locally the other day, mild humour which doesn't directly mock the victim is a great way to deal with the stress of the aftermath.

A little humour doesn't mean you don't care, but does at least show that you are aware. Which is more than can be said for some blinkered folks out there. Thumbup

Decker

30-09-2015 04:22 PM

Fox comment was hilarious.

And you're right, there's no victim in this story, so there's nothing wrong with a little humour!

Snazy

30-09-2015 04:40 PM

Just to daringly take the topic back on track.
I mentioned earlier the knives Lambeth Police posted today that they have had handed in in their knife bin.

Feast your eyes!

Londondrz

30-09-2015 05:27 PM

A cheese knife! The mind boggles.

smithsmith

30-09-2015 06:27 PM

The guy nipped into my close (just off Bampton Road) - I think he wanted a quiet place to hide it down his trousers. I then saw him in the afternoon walking along the cut through between Inglemere Road and Clyde Vale by the train tracks.

I also love Forest Hill and just want to keep everyone safe - too many nasty people out there!

Pages (2): « First [1] 2 Next > Last »

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields