SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Any Parking sign interpreters out there?
gbrownings

01-12-2016 11:53 PM

Perry Vale beyond Waldram Place (by the old Dawes for Doors). 3pm. Can I park here?

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
shaman

02-12-2016 11:28 PM

You can park in the bay for 1 hour. You must not return within 2 hours of leaving. You cannot park on the red lines outside of the marked bays at any time between 7am and 7pm of any day of the week. Between 7pm and 7am you can park in or out of the bay for as long as you want.

This post was last modified: 02-12-2016 11:28 PM by shaman.

gbrownings

04-12-2016 02:25 PM

Thanks for clearing that up.

I didn't risk stopping as the only other cars in the road had the driver in so I (maybe like others) thought it wasn't allowed. Not good for local businesses.

Anyway, if I get a parking ticket, I will know where to send it!

This post was last modified: 04-12-2016 02:25 PM by gbrownings.

shaman

04-12-2016 11:56 PM

Free parking for an hour seems great for local businesses and is 30 minutes more than the council car park, to my knowledge.

You can send any ticket to me, but as you didn't park, I'm guessing there won't be one and if there was one, sending it to me would serve no purpose whatsoever, even if you knew my address.

Any ticket will tell you who you need to communicate with, in this case, TFL.

Signage looks fairly clear to me. If you think that's unclear, try parking a motorcycle in London and trying to confirm if it is free parking in the street bays or in car parks. First step is to find out what council operates the roads. The next step involves a mobile phone and internet access.

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields