SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Forest Hill's horticultural award
Ligersaur

17-09-2015 10:28 AM

Quote:
For the third year in a row The Royal Horticultural Society has awarded the Forest Hill Society Outstanding in the London In Bloom competition.

The award has been made in recognition of the work in planting and maintaining the flowers around the town centre, on station platforms, and in the station car park.

The Forest Hill Society is organising an autumn tidy up of the planting at Forest Hill station on Saturday (September 19) meeting in the station forecourt at 2.30 pm.

Link to article

I had nothing to do with this (or any project beneficial to the local area) - I've been too busy campaigning for a Domino's Pizza to be opened, planting lost cats and making holes in water pipes. However, well done to all those involved in making Forest Hill a better place.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
michael

17-09-2015 11:05 AM

This is not just about pretty flowers around the station and town centre (although they are lovely), but our work with the local traders on the Edible High Road, the launch of the Edible High Road where we gave away hundreds of edible plants started by The Horniman, working with local schools to remove litter, and our work at engaging with members and the wider community to make Forest Hill a greener and more pleasant place, despite the South Circular running through the middle.

On behalf of the Forest Hill Society I would like to thank all the volunteers who help to keep all the plants watered and looking their best.

Londondrz

17-09-2015 01:10 PM

Great news, well done to all involved! Thumbsup

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields