SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Problem with landline for 2 weeks
bunuel

07-09-2015 11:41 AM

We use Plusnet for telephone and internet provider since November last year.

We have no landline at all since 27 August now (internet is not affected) and their customer service advised us that the issue is with Openreach (the wholesaler, the owner of the structure) and it is a part of common fault in the area and it is affecting a number of lines.

So I wondered whether there are other households whose landline is affected too (no matter who's your telephone provided) as the fault is not resolved yet.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Snazy

07-09-2015 12:20 PM
honoroak

08-09-2015 08:49 AM

Hi yes, our phone is crackly and our internet keeps dropping out, I'm with Utility Warehouse who's communication is very good, but have been told it's a wider problem in our area with Open reach, I think they said they were waiting for an update from Bt openreach September 9th.

honoroak

08-09-2015 04:25 PM

Someone just called from Utility Warehouse, they have to replace
some wire and are waiting for contractors to dig the road up.

They don't know how long it will take, I think it was 60 odd meters that need replacing.

bunuel

11-09-2015 07:07 AM

Plusnet is total disaster. I still have no landline and their broadband, service was down from Wednesday late evening until yesterday midday (Thursday). Their web site and support phone lines were down too.
I found that there are a few websites/blogs dedicated to the "great experience" of their service over past years, like this one for instance http://ihateplusnet.blog.co.uk/

So stay away from Plusnet, and don't waste your money. I served already my notification of cancellation at end of October.

honoroak

14-09-2015 09:10 AM

I spoke to someone at Utility Warehouse today, and he said they have to replace 110 meters of cable which have 400 repairs needed on them.

Again a larger problem with Bt reach, engineers are being called/ booked in etc.

It effects a lot of people in the area regardless of who you get your phone & broadband through.

Mine keeps dropping out & I'm reaching my limit on mbl.

They'll credit your bill if you let them know, or should.

looks like it will be going on for a while until it's repaired.

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields