SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Pages (2): « First < Previous 1 [2] Last »
Doopo Doopo Closed
hoona

29-08-2015 10:21 AM

P1971, you're wrong... my children are not at Fairlawn school and I don't know the owner of Doopo Doopo. That's not why I commented on this post or, indeed, the 'ice cream wars' post. I just don't like the way you come on this forum and berate other businesses... Il Mirto, The Horniman Farmers' Market, Doopo Doopo etc etc. It smacks of sour grapes. I realise you do a lot for the community etc but I think you'd be wise just to concentrate on making your business the success that it is rather than get involved wrangles with other FH businesses on this forum... it really doesn't do you any favours or win you new customers. Like AMFM said, you're best off staying silent and letting people fight their own battles. Perhaps I'm the only one who finds it irksome, so if you want to carry on in that way then by all means go ahead. I'll gracefully wish you luck and stop commenting from now on...

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
topofthehill

29-08-2015 11:43 AM

It could supposedly be argued that Il Mirto is a new business in that it needs to build a clientele base in a new area.

Pauline, you appear to have posted on the subject of Doopo Doopo on this forum, on In and Around Penge, on Town Talk and on Facebook. Some of these posts appear to be in response to posts of those who have stated in their posts that they have allegedly lost money so your additional warnings may be superfluous.

It also appears that legal proceedings are pending. By making statements such as those contained in your posts pending legal proceedings, you could in fact be prejudicing the claims of those who may allegedly have suffered financial loss or those with alleged potential claims.

Why not just take a back seat and let the due process of law take its course?

Mr Robin Banks

29-08-2015 11:58 AM

Quote:
Jodwin and Mr Robin Banks - welcome new posters, my guess is you like to cause trouble but I may be wrong.

P1971 - why on earth would you think that?? Was it something I said?

P1971

29-08-2015 12:06 PM

Topofthehill I did reply on here and Facebook but not on a Penge forum as I'm not a member, and not on town talk, the attachment posted by another on Facebook was what I added on here.

Mr Robin Banks

29-08-2015 12:14 PM

Also it now seems that everyone is turning on P1971 and not the bother way round, makes a please tell change.

topofthehill

29-08-2015 01:12 PM

Apologies Pauline. It was the Fabulous Forest Hill forum I was thinking of.

OakR

29-08-2015 10:28 PM

I've not been overwhelmed by some P1971 posts in the past and I had a tirade directed at me by her previously.

That said I'm not sure she has done much wrong here. She did not bring up the issue, another posted did (no comments directed at that poster) and the points she raises in this thread appear to be valid.

Maybe she was right here, maybe not, but it seems she is judged almost before she posts.

P1971

29-08-2015 11:41 PM

I will reply here to all. I am not in any way having a go at anyone, but it seems unfair that all have a go at me because they know who I am. OakR yes we have had disagreements in the past and that's fine, because we all have different opinions, and by the way thanks for this post. All know me but I don't know others. I would love all that have an opinion to just come and talk to me, you all know where I am so please just come and speak to me.

Jodwin and Mr Robin Banks I'm 5ft and a size 4 so don't be scared to come and speak to me. If you don't then I have no time for you, you know where to find me!

As a trader that speaks out I always get questioned and some replys hurt a lot, but I will always be real to myself and to my customers.

Sorry I can't change who I am and how I feel about the community I live in which I love.

I know I am too passionate about everything sometimes but I can't change that about me.

It's who I am.

Mr Robin Banks

30-08-2015 11:16 AM

P1971,

Can you stop now and get back on topic.
Please.

admin
Administrator

30-08-2015 11:46 AM

A reminder that personal insults are not welcome on the forum and will be edited out. Repeated occurrences will lead to the poster's messages being queued for moderation before appearing. Thanks.

topofthehill

30-08-2015 12:16 PM

Pauline, some of the posters that you may feel are antagonistic towards you are actually acting in your interests by warning you that some of your comments made on a public forum may have serious consequences for you. Comments such as your passion etc, should such consequences ensue, would not constitute justification. Perhaps these posts should be heeded, taken on board and accepted in the spirit in which they are meant?

It is quite true that a poster previous to you did bring up the subject first, but the wording of that particular post could, in my opinion, be interpreted in a myriad of ways.

P1971

30-08-2015 06:08 PM

Topofthehill I appreciate most people's posts regardless if we have the same or different opinions including yours. I'm not great at wording things.

As a long term local resident as well as a not as long trader I tend to reply mostly how I feel as a resident but also find out information as a trader, It's very hard for me to separate the two which I'm sure must confuse some people which I understand. This means that people know who I am which as you say could get me into trouble which I have to accept.

This also lets the odd few posters have a go at me anonymously which I guess I have to take on the chin too.

Mr Robin Banks, please don't PM me again as I won't reply and you message will be left unread. Thank you.

Sorry if anyone thinks I've gone off topic. Hope all enjoy the rest of the Bank Holiday.

topofthehill

30-08-2015 07:29 PM

P1971 I thought senility was fast approaching (on me, that is, not you) but it appears finally to have arrived as I simply do not understand the point you are making in the second paragraph of your last post.

However, what is clear is that you are prepared to accept the consequences of, and be answerable for, any possible consequences of your actions, so good luck to you.

This post was last modified: 30-08-2015 07:31 PM by topofthehill.

P1971

30-08-2015 09:35 PM

Thanks again for your post topofthehill, I multi-task a lot so might not make much sense some times to most.

Pages (2): « First < Previous 1 [2] Last »

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields