SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
British Legion Poppy Appeal
wayfarer

03-12-2007 10:41 AM

Just a quick note to say thank you to all of you that bought a British Legion Poppy this year.

If you bought it from either Honor Oak Park or Forest Hill stations you help to raise ?498.60

Thank you

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
roz

05-12-2007 09:28 AM

wayfarer wrote:
Just a quick note to say thank you to all of you that bought a British Legion Poppy this year.

If you bought it from either Honor Oak Park or Forest Hill stations you help to raise ?498.60

Thank you

I would have loved to have bought a poppy and boosted these figures however once again, could not find one anywhere in Forest Hill. If they were at the station then it must have been a fleeting appearance....

wayfarer

05-12-2007 09:37 AM

roz wrote:

wayfarer wrote:

Thank you

I would have loved to have bought a poppy and boosted these figures however once again, could not find one anywhere in Forest Hill. If they were at the station then it must have been a fleeting appearance....

Roz, thank you for such a supportive responsive, and sorry we missed you.

wayfarer

02-10-2008 04:31 PM

Each year the number of volunteers drops as many of the older collectors have to stop tin rattling, and this year is no exception.

That being said having done this for a few years, I am increasingly being asked how people can get involved themselves. The easiest way would be to express an interest through this thread and we can chat offline. Alternatively, you can contact the British Legion directly via the attached Link.

http://www.poppy.org.uk/

Thank you for your time.

wayfarer

02-11-2009 08:53 AM

Just in case you have not been able to find one, there will be a Poppy Seller outside of the Forest Hill Station ticket office, from 6 o'clock this evening.

wayfarer

08-12-2009 10:06 AM

Following this year's British Legion Poppy Appeal, I am delighted to announce that we raised ?464.39.

Thank you so much to all of you that bought poppies at either Honor Oak Park or Forest Hill stations.

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields