SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Shouting, intimidating man outside Paddy Power
Andrew1976

26-07-2015 01:33 PM

In respect of the comments re mental health problems, many people with problems of addiction (whether substance abuse or gambling) do need help and do deserve to be looked after. They of course must be willing to accept this and generally understand that their actions not only hurt themselves but those close to them and the public in general.
Sectioning is not the answer unless the person presents a serious risk to themselves or the public. These days with better CMHTs and an improving IAPT service, the necessity for sectioning is reducing - which is a good thing. People don't prosper or recover when isolated from the world.
If someone is presenting as a nuisance or causing problems, it is important to report to the police if you think there is a problem and the police can deal with that issue - whether 999 or the local station etc.
It's a bit hippy of me, but that's how I am and I think we all need to be aware that whilst people like this man are creating a social nuisance, you can guarantee that they would be horrified at themselves if they were able to understand the impact.
In respect of Melissa's problem, I agree to not confront and seek help from a passer by or a shop worker/owner. Safety in numbers...and not violent responses.
Hippy lecture over.
Peace and love.
Andrew.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: Shouting, intimidating man outside Paddy Power - Andrew1976 - 26-07-2015 01:33 PM

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Street drinkers outside Paddy Power Sammy 9 13,202 13-02-2014 03:57 PM
Last Post: michael
  Advertising hoarding outside Paddy Power - not a good advertisement gbrownings 24 23,913 03-11-2013 08:51 PM
Last Post: nottinghillbilly
  Incident at Paddy Power? Baytree 0 3,959 20-03-2012 10:47 AM
Last Post: Baytree
  Intimidating kids hanging around CBRoad 27 30,617 21-06-2008 08:20 PM
Last Post: billham