SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Shouting, intimidating man outside Paddy Power
Dartmouth Road

19-07-2015 11:22 AM

Melissa wrote:
Thanks for suggestions everyone, though I doubt calling the police will have any result. I've noticed that they try to catch you when there is no one else around. I think the important thing is not to look scared. On one occasion I said 'Please stop this' and walked on - he gave up after a bit.

Hi Melissa,

The police have advised me to dial 999 if I see this man or anyone else acting in a threatening way - and from what you've described this certainly sounds threatening. If you call 999 the police will be there within 12 minutes to deal with them. I understand it's a hassle you shouldn't have to deal with, but if the police attend we can get this behaviour stamped out.

On the subject of betting shops not being accountable, of course they're not responsible for an individual's mental health issues, but we all know that they attract many others who cause problems in Forest Hill. Paddy Power is a particular problem because it's set back from the road with public benches outside for the street drinkers to hang around at, going in for a bet and then back out for a drink on the street. I've seen Paddy Power staff outside chatting and laughing with the drinkers/customers, so they clearly don't care that they're the source of many of the problems.

Does anyone know if Paddy Power is part of the local traders' association?

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: Shouting, intimidating man outside Paddy Power - Dartmouth Road - 19-07-2015 11:22 AM

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Street drinkers outside Paddy Power Sammy 9 13,227 13-02-2014 03:57 PM
Last Post: michael
  Advertising hoarding outside Paddy Power - not a good advertisement gbrownings 24 23,922 03-11-2013 08:51 PM
Last Post: nottinghillbilly
  Incident at Paddy Power? Baytree 0 3,963 20-03-2012 10:47 AM
Last Post: Baytree
  Intimidating kids hanging around CBRoad 27 30,625 21-06-2008 08:20 PM
Last Post: billham