SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Shouting, intimidating man outside Paddy Power
Dartmouth Road

13-07-2015 03:59 PM

Has anyone else noticed this unpleasant man? If you walk down Dartmouth Road, he is outside Paddy Power pretty much every day, either on the benches or stalking around outside the Sylvan Post..

Although the street drinkers in this area have been a problem for some time, this particular man is having a really negative effect on the area by shouting, swearing and acting in a really aggressive manner towards passers-by and in general to no one. I've witnessed him numerous times standing by the side of the road screaming and making what looks like stabbing/shooting gestures.

He seems to be mentally unstable, which isn't helped by the fact that he spends most days drinking alcohol on the street and smoking weed. Recently I've seen him hassling people at the Sylvan Post benches for money and cigarettes and kicking over street bins.

Anyone else seen this? We really shouldn't have to put up with this intimidating behaviour on our streets. As we know, Forest Hill is home to many families, and I've seen dozens of young kids looking terrified as their parents hurry them along. I'm a grown man and he makes me feel uncomfortable when I walk past.

I've spoken to the Safer Neighbourhoods Team and they are aware of this man - and are trying to stop his antisocial behaviour. The more reports they get, the quicker he can be dealt with.

Anyone else witnessed this?

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
Shouting, intimidating man outside Paddy Power - Dartmouth Road - 13-07-2015 03:59 PM

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Street drinkers outside Paddy Power Sammy 9 13,196 13-02-2014 03:57 PM
Last Post: michael
  Advertising hoarding outside Paddy Power - not a good advertisement gbrownings 24 23,910 03-11-2013 08:51 PM
Last Post: nottinghillbilly
  Incident at Paddy Power? Baytree 0 3,959 20-03-2012 10:47 AM
Last Post: Baytree
  Intimidating kids hanging around CBRoad 27 30,614 21-06-2008 08:20 PM
Last Post: billham