SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Pages (2): « First < Previous 1 [2] Last »
Tesco, London Road
brian

05-01-2009 08:16 AM

Yes because if they get one mail mentioning Tesco probably take no action but many the criminal will be sent to Van Diemens Land at our expense.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
roz

05-01-2009 08:46 AM

I do think they (the police) probably know all about it anyway as we discovered when we called them some time ago. It was one of the main ones they were watching . However they dont seem able to stop it happening again. I would love to know how the criminals do it- do they rig the card machine, or do they install cameras to pick up the number? Or is it ever changing to avoid detection?

PS Whats Van Diemans Land? Sounds like something out of a spaghetti western...

brian

05-01-2009 10:31 AM

Hi Roz
Did you not study history ( only jesting )

It was the worst penal colony in British Empire in 19th century. After penal colony closed name of state changed to Tasmania. Both named after explorers from The Netherlands.

If Police are aware cannot understand how they are still doing it or indeed decide it is worth the risk. But then what would happen , could not return them to their country of origin in case they are hurt, maybe 6 months community service.

sandy

05-01-2009 11:38 AM

Why the assumption that people doing this are not British?

brian

05-01-2009 12:24 PM

Whenever I have been in the shop in question I have been served by people who certainly have not been born in The UK of GB and NI.
Maybe this was a fluke

sandy

05-01-2009 12:29 PM

How do you know where people were born?

brian

05-01-2009 12:43 PM

I am sure I can tell 99% of people who are native born and I believe most people can.
Not sure where this is going all I stated that what could you do with them when discovered as probably not be able to send them back to their country of origin and we would have to pay for their imprisonment. Cannot see anything remotely controversial here , even in the PC times which we live.
Let us concentrate on why this criminal activity is still going on after many reports.That is the bone of contention.

jacksprat

12-01-2009 01:25 PM

Yet again the issue of race occurs in relation to a post from Brian! Surprise Surprise....

Londondrz

12-01-2009 02:31 PM

I am not sure if race is an issue. The origional thread was about the police doing an immegration raid on the Tesco's and finding a number of illegal immegrants working there. It just happens that a lot of the people who work in that Tesco's are of an ethnic minority.

I dont really mind what colour, creed, race or religion the people are that are commiting these offences I just hope they are caught and punished. If they happen to be illegal immegrants then I hope they get sent back to wherever they came from so that they can commit crime there and not here.

brian

12-01-2009 03:28 PM

I agree 100% with last posting. Quite frankly some of the others are beyond comment.

What can possibly be racist by saying British Citizen or Subject ( they come in all shapes and sizes , colours etc. ).
I am very much against illegal aliens but this is NOT racist.

Pages (2): « First < Previous 1 [2] Last »

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields