SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Immigration
brian

25-09-2008 05:41 PM

[Moved from SE23 Topics: Tesco, London Road]

hilltopgeneral wrote:
I'd be less worried about them employing illegal immigrants than employing straightforward criminals who clone card details.

Hill top perhaps you would like to explain why to the native legal non workers.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
jon14

25-09-2008 07:37 PM

Brian wrote:
Hill top perhaps you would like to explain why to the native legal non workers.

I would rather be served by an illegal immigrant than somebody who was going to clone my card and defraud me - are you not the same Brian? I think that's what HTG was trying to say...

brian

26-09-2008 08:14 AM

Yes I agree but why would the illegal not be equally trying to clone a card.
Reason I thought nevermodern was perhaps taking this matter a bit too lightly was in Sydenham forum 2 16 year olds have been calling in all local shops etc to try and get jobs with no success. Surely all employers should be checking very carefully on illegal aliens to help local lads and lassies get jobs. Should be a heavy fine for employing illegals , at least GBP 50k a time.
I agree card cloning a problem. Only use card where I can be 100% sure I see it all times. This excludes all restuarants unless you know they bring the machine to the table. With modern machines why are people giving their cards to strangers.

jon14

26-09-2008 08:59 AM

Brian wrote:
Yes I agree but why would the illegal not be equally trying to clone a card.

Well they are equally likely, but they are perhaps equally likely not to be as well Some of our own lads and lasses are criminals too!

Sherwood

26-09-2008 09:09 AM

Usually they just want work.

brian

26-09-2008 11:36 AM

I agree but many British Citizens want to work , surely they should get priority over people who have no right to be here.
I cannot understand how this seems to be a contentious issue. Surely our unskilled persons should be given precedence over illegal aliens. These people can apply to work in and if their skill is required they are allowed in to work. This is no different and infact more generous than most other countries.
Most of people who take opposing views tend to have very skilled jobs and they are confident that illegals will not take their jobs , they do not worry about unskilled Britons who then spend a lifetime on benefit.

Sherwood

26-09-2008 11:50 AM

If you believe in the free market, you allow anyone in to work. I agree that this might put some people out of work. But it would be more likely to lower the wages they can demand. this is what most people fear and/or resent.

I am fortunate that illegal immigrants cannot replace me.

brian

26-09-2008 12:48 PM

Sherwood you seem to be saying I's all right Jack , s*d the rest.

You and everyone else will have to pay the benefit for these unfotunate Britons for life , plus possible criminal activity.

You seem to saying let everyone come in.

Anyway ley us drop this subject as does not seem to be getting us anywhere.

thenutfield

26-09-2008 12:53 PM

calm down everyone
for starters we dont know if anyone was actually an illegal immigrant - a police raid does not prove anything other than that there was a suspicion.
even if there was one or 2 illegals - that bad but thats a tiny minority of all the shop workers in FH. I dont think you can blame them for youth unemployment in south london.

Sherwood

26-09-2008 03:31 PM

Brian,

I am not saying that at all.
I use words with precise meaning.
I am saying if you believe in something, you have to take all the consequences of your policy and not just the part/s you like.

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Council Housing & Immigration Red67 8 7,724 16-04-2015 08:18 PM
Last Post: 152047