SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Topic Closed  Post Topic 
Pages (2): « First < Previous 1 [2] Last »
New Pizza Restaurant for Forest Hill?
michael

20-02-2015 03:02 PM

Just to be clear, and to reinforce Edd's message, I did not make any objection as I too would love a good pizza restaurant in Forest Hill. Too few tables is only a problem because I think it will be constantly full or unable to cater for demand. There seem to be other empty restaurants which could be considered as alternatives (just think of the place on Perry Vale as an example of a great site for a proper pizza restaurant), but really that is for the business to decide.

The application withdrawal was nothing to do with me, nor can I imagine the planners found any grounds to reject such an application (unless there were concerns about ventilation from the unit), a withdrawal is the decision of the applicant. If anybody want to find out the reason for the withdrawal you could contact the owner of Il Mirto.

Find all posts by this user
Tinkerbell

20-02-2015 06:51 PM

If it's re my comment just before, that was only meant to be a light hearten joke, sorry if it came across differently. I did not assume that you had any involvement in the application/rejection.

Novels

21-02-2015 06:06 PM

It's such a shame they've withdrawn.
'Bravi Ragazzi', a pizza place in Streatham Hill, was declared Timeout SW restaurant of 2014 and it only has around 7-8 tables. It is really, really tiny.

nevermodern

06-03-2015 01:56 PM

Heard a rumour that the pizza restaurant application for 49A Dartmouth Road was turned down due to change of use or something, so other options were being considered as the lease had already been purchased. I understand options included a deli-type arrangement.

Just gossip...not sure if it's true.

But anything new there would be interesting, especially if the owners of a good pizza place are involved.

stepover

23-04-2015 10:52 AM

I see on twitter today that Il Mirto looks set to open shortly on Dartmouth Rd (next to the Jewellers). The sign says it will be an Italian Deli - the unit is smaller than their unit on Melbourne Grove in East Dulwich where they have a lovely Italian restaurant, but hopefully they will still offer food and wine of a similar standard.

A very welcome addition to Dartmouth Rd - get out there and support them when they open!
https://twitter.com/SaretasKitchen/statu...9014923264

Pages (2): « First < Previous 1 [2] Last »

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields