SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Flooding in Honor Oak Rd
midlife

24-06-2015 02:15 PM

Is anyone else experiencing flooding in their gardens as result of this and many other leaks eg numerous on Benson Rd? I have a waterfall gushing through gaps in the wall supporting my garden. This has been going on for weeks as Thames Water struggle to deal with a ridiculous number of leaks. Apparently this flood is 'customer side' from Havelock House. I suggest they get 'customer side'
I am weary of contacting Thames Water and still having no resolution to the flowing water in my garden which is threatening my property

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Swashbuckler

24-06-2015 07:25 PM

Walking my child to Fairlawn today, and I too was surprised by the sheer amount of water gushing along the road. I'm on Devonshire Road, and it looks like we have more water and drain work going on (FH end). Add that to the seriously strong "stench" along Tyson Road (near the shop) this morning, and it seems as if the borough's water system is all over the place.

Do we need to organise or do something more? The response so far seems to proverbially paper over the cracks, perhaps lobbying Thames Water needs a coordinated group effort? I know this is a longstanding issue and not then first post on the matter, wondering how to get a sustainable solution?

Sherwood

25-06-2015 09:53 AM

I suggest you contact the media.

Kate Gould Tel: 0208 835 9709 - kate.gould@slp.co.uk

No Longer Registered

25-06-2015 09:25 PM

Surely our local councillors should be sorting this out?

midlife

25-06-2015 11:02 PM

Well I have contacted our councillors. I have had no response yet.

My numerous calls to Thames Water have now 'escalated' the issue to the supervisors as it appears there is a whole area issue. Gosh I would never have figured that out. In short every time they fix a specific leak it just puts more pressure somewhere else and we get another leak which unfortunately for me ends up in my garden.Yes I think we need the Area Team to join up the dots and probably replace all the worn out pipes.

michael

26-06-2015 09:12 PM

The havelock house waterfall appears to have been switched off Sad

midlife

29-06-2015 09:46 AM

The waterfall is now in my garden which floods every time there is a major leak in the area. Water pouring out of a hole beneath the garden onto the patio. Nightmare. Oh well onto my 4th call of the day to Thames Water.

midlife

29-06-2015 12:38 PM

Paul Upex or any Forest Hill councillor could you please help? I have emailed regarding the flooding at my property.

Cllr Paul Upex

29-06-2015 12:44 PM

After reporting this to Thames Water last week, I have been in contact with them all last week - this is the last reply I have received today - if this repair has not been fixed and contradicts the information below please email on cllr_paul.upex@lewisham.gov.uk

29 June 2015
Our Ref: 33181900
Customer Side Leak - Havelock House SE23 3SA

Dear Councillor Upex

I am pleased to confirm we returned and completed a free repair to the private supply pipe on 26 June. We spot repaired the two inch supply pipe and confirmed the leak had ceased following the work.

If you need to speak to me about this, please call 0800 0093965. We are open between 9am and 5pm, Monday to Friday.
Yours sincerely
Michael Flynn
Case Manager - Executive Office

midlife

29-06-2015 08:00 PM

Yes this repair has been fixed. However I now have a new Job Ref30595158 because water is still flooding into my property as a result of yet another leak on Benson Rd. I have been contacting Thames Water for 2 months about flooding on my property, usually as a result of leaks on Benson Rd which are frequently below ground. They deal with each leak individually instead of looking at the bigger picture. There is obviously a major problem with the mains pipes, which are lead and worn out. Apparently they fixed a 'split main' on Benson Rd.Well the leaks are still happening and my property is flooding as a result of their asset leaking. It appears that the water is leaking onto the surface of Benson Rd and more worryingly for me below ground and surfacing again on my property. The whole garden is waterlogged and there is water pouring out of the supporting walls. I had to beg them to come out today as I am so worried about the risk to my house. The engineer acknowledged how serious the problem is. He consequently found the new leak on Benson hence the Ref above. This situation is ridiculous and poses a major threat to my property

rshdunlop

29-06-2015 08:12 PM

midlife - have you contacted your home insurance company? They have a vested interest in the condition of your property and may be able to help put pressure on Thames Water to sort this out properly.

midlife

29-06-2015 10:06 PM

Thank you that is very good advice.I have been so stressed trying to get Thames Water to sort the problem out that I haven't thought beyond it but if this situation continues my house and garden are at risk of water damage, damp and subsidence.My kids can't go on the lawn as it is waterlogged and we are plagued by mosquitos because of the volume water present.

rshdunlop

30-06-2015 06:53 AM

What a truly horrible and stressful situation for you and your family. Very best of luck, I hope you get a proper resolution soon.

bonobo

30-06-2015 11:45 AM

I would advise you to take pictures of the flooded parts of your property and the damages the water is causing etc. Even take pictures on a frequent basis. Also i would make sure the pictures have a proof of the date they are taken on. You never know, you might need them later.

This post was last modified: 30-06-2015 11:46 AM by bonobo.

Londondrz

30-06-2015 12:36 PM

I would mention the "S" word, it seems to get people moving.

midlife

30-06-2015 03:06 PM

Yes I have got photos May and June and video footage with sound effects ie water pouring out of the wall. Paul Upex (Councillor) has made an official complaint to ThamesWater on behalf of me and other residents who have ongoing issues with surface water and leaks in the area.

Let's hope we get a satisfactory response soon.

Thank you forum folks for your support and welcome advice.

Sherwood

30-06-2015 07:26 PM

I suggest you take samples of the water. Otherwise they usually say it is not mains water.

midlife

01-07-2015 08:41 PM

Job Ref is now 30571846.

Complaint issued by the Council is Ref 1506300-000062 should anyone else be experiencing problems. Apparently there is a fire hydrant leaking on Benson Rd now. Apparently it will be repaired tomorrow.

I have sent photos and video evidence of flooding on my property to Thames Water. They have visited on numerous occasions and fixed numerous leaks on Benson Rd. My garden is still flooded.Go figure!

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Forest Hill Flooding Erekose 4 6,441 13-01-2013 05:13 PM
Last Post: Mr Pickles