SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Curtain shop in Sydenham Road
brian

20-09-2008 11:07 AM

Until the horrendous rents are sorted out we will have empty properties. Cannot understand why it is profitable for landloers to leave property empty, if it is beneficial it should not be , LBC note.
I know it is Sydenham Rd but guess much the same but talking to manager of Curtain Shop who said he was thinking of quitting as landlords wanted him to sign 5 year deal at GBP 40k per year. No wonder shops are closing.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Dylan

20-09-2008 12:12 PM

it would be really sad if the curtain and soft furnishing shop in Sydenham opposite the Post Office closed.

its very reasonable and the customer service is excellent its prices are very competitive and they have some very loyal customers
including myself.

calvin

20-09-2008 12:43 PM

Oh, that is bad news, especially if it means next door goes as well (I think they are linked somehow). I buy all my yarn there.

brian

20-09-2008 01:51 PM

Hopefully he will change his mind but just wanted to point out the stupid rates landlords demanding. He said business rates about GBP 8k on top so that is one thousand a week profit just going in rent and counciltax.
I to think shop very good .
Who are the landlords expecting to step into all the empty properties , certainly not estate agents they are closing rather than opening.
Can someone who understands local finance explain why landlords seem to rather leave shops empty than considering reducing rents.????

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields