SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
JK Banqueting Hall
Tarquin

08-06-2015 05:13 PM

This posting is for general safety awareness on Perry Vale. I was informed by a plain clothes police officer on Perry Vale - at midnight - Sunday night - that someone had been attacked by three males who had just come from their religious meeting in JK Banqueting and took place in the next street - Hindleys St., at the same time someone else from there abandoned a stolen smart white car, parked opposite the hall, throwing the keys on the street - probably due to the sudden arrival to police due to the attack.

Seriously hope they decide to pursue these people as they will have a description and know they are regular attenders of gatherings at this hall. The officer agreed the hall should be closed down.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
AlfieNoakes

08-06-2015 08:21 PM

This hall's getting worse. We live round the back and have frequent issues with the noise from the hall, and often people exiting via Hindsley's Place making a racket late at night. We've had the council noise team round, but there's not a lot they can do.

This is a different kind of public nuisance though. Anyone know what steps can be taken?

While tempting, it seems like a waste of police time to report every instance of people leaving rowdily late at night.

Tarquin

08-06-2015 08:48 PM

Thank you very much for your reply - when I spoke to the plain clothed police officer last night and told him about the hall - he asked if there was an exit in Hindley Place and I said I wasnt sure - but you've confirmed there is.

The officer told me that someone had been attacked there by three males from the hall. If you or someone you know saw anything around mid-night last night on Sunday 7th June maybe you could report it.

As you know the noise nuisance people come out and have to witness the problem I had that last summer with another problem. I did then got on directly to the council department and they investigated it instead.

I am now in contact with the local police and council who have taken steps to halve the problem that was going on here last summer and I've been given an assurance tonight that further steps have been taken.

The best thing you can do is to continue to relentlessly report all incidents to the police in my experience its the only way forward. I became more involved when I was the victim of ID fraud last year which made me very angry and determined to do something.

Thankyou again for replying I've often thought people need to get together in these situations although I prefer to keep my head down and work behind the scenes - no sense in making yourself an obvious target for criminals.

Tarquin

05-07-2015 02:12 PM

As previously reported and as of the date of this posting, the problems emanating from the JK Banqueting Hall on Perry Vale, just down from the station, are continuing as the persons running the hall continue to be resistant to stopping the problem in spite of complaints and official requests.
There was a previous posting from someone who lives on the street at the back of the hall, who must also be continuing to be affected by this, and that they should continue to make complaints, the more the better - these people are in the wrong.

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields