SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Attempted break in, middle of the day
Andy Nak

23-05-2015 03:23 PM

My mate just text me saying someone tried to break in a couple of hours ago, around 2pm. Smashed the first external door but couldn't get past the second.

Lives between Stansted Road and Woolstone Road

Make sure you're double locking over the bank holiday and keep your eyes peeled

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Snazy

24-05-2015 07:43 AM

Wow, that sounds brazen! Hope the damage was not too expensive to repair.
Thanks for the heads up.

rshdunlop

24-05-2015 09:45 AM

I have been burgled (or attempted) three times over the years, always during the day. It's when people are most likely to be out, or in but with doors unsecured.

Andy Nak

25-05-2015 09:59 AM

Damage wasn't too bad and they didn't get into any actual flats in my mates building luckily. We got broken into a few years back and it was also middle of the day - I'd been in in the morning, popped out for a couple of hours and didn't put the deadbolts on... Came back to find the front door popped (without a mark on it) but the internal door to my flat completely smashed off the frame. We now always triple lock and have a new internal door comparable to a small bank safe!

Hopefully no one else has been affected

Tarquin

08-06-2015 04:23 PM

Did a study of burglars as part of an MA there was a theory that most of them go to great lengths to avoid the occupiers of the properties they robb - but if you get one that goes in when they know the occupier is likely to be there - they've got another agenda of a more violent nature. Hopefully around here its because people are out at work.

Andy Nak

08-06-2015 05:20 PM

Makes sense, we got done over a few years ago and the same mate that had the attempt a few weeks back got done around the same time as us. All 3 attempts in the middle of the day

Tarquin

08-06-2015 07:13 PM

To reply, Can I ask if the person breaking in literally smashed the door in making no attempt to be quiet about it? Were they seen?
I find the whole thing extremely worrying and people here have to be very vigilant.

My front door is an invitation to a burglar as it is not over-looked - one morning fairly early I was woken up by a wrenching noise - the door is always double locked.
I've now got a sticker in window of the door stating - close-up CCTV.

I'm in a criminal hotspot and doing eveything I can to get something done about it.
I'm also wondering if due to the re-development of the more inner parts of London that the criminals are moving out here.

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Attempted break in - between Forest Hill and Honor Oak e.steph19 0 2,530 02-08-2022 03:48 PM
Last Post: e.steph19
  Attempted break in, Garthorne Road honoroak 7 9,670 08-02-2013 09:43 AM
Last Post: doobyscoo