SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Pages (2): « First < Previous 1 [2] Last »
Ice Cream Van Chimes
Poppet2

21-05-2015 10:06 PM

You can buy mini Cadbury's flakes especially for your ice-cream cornet, and you can buy Cornetto whipped soft ice-cream cones, or just traditional ice-cream from the freezer.Thumbsup[/u]

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
John Daker

10-06-2015 02:04 PM

I was so amused by this thread that I dug out my LP of Jonathan Richman and the Modern Lovers and played the 'Ice Cream Man' song several times. Result - I have now rediscovered a long forgotten 70's classic.
All together now ....'Well now, ice cream man, upon my street ...etc.'.

This post was last modified: 10-06-2015 02:04 PM by John Daker.

Tarquin

10-06-2015 03:02 PM

My remedy - purchase a Flame Thrower from the Dark Web, then buy a ticket to somewhere that doesn't have extradition arrangements with the UK. Better idea - along the lines of - rather be hung for a sheep as a lamb! do a national tour taking everyone one of them you can find - out.

But SERIOUSLY folks - lets all have a little more consideration for each other - even if alot of us would pay - to do the above. (Ice Cream's fattening anyway).

Perryman

10-06-2015 05:30 PM

Quote:
I was so amused by this thread that I dug out my LP of Jonathan Richman and the Modern Lovers and played the 'Ice Cream Man' song

Thanks john - it is on youtube and after dreadful start, it certainly improves after 3 mins.

The classic Ice Cream Man song is by John Brim recorded in the '50s and made famous by Van Halen. Not a tune likely to be played by an Ice Cream van though.

Erekose

10-06-2015 08:27 PM

I remember that album and loved Ice cream man and Egyptian reggae so much I wore out those tracks. Whatever became of Mr Richman I wonder.

Pages (2): « First < Previous 1 [2] Last »

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields