SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Pages (2): « First [1] 2 Next > Last »
So Who To Vote For
ForestHillier

23-04-2015 08:48 AM

Blue ?
Red ?
Green ?
Orange ?

Think its going to be a close call - yet we said that in 1992 and the Blues romped home - got a funny feeling it will happen again

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
crassbelch
Banned Troll

27-04-2015 07:33 AM

[Post removed due to abuse -admin]

henryb2

27-04-2015 07:45 AM

This is a great site to help decide.

https://voteforpolicies.org.uk/

crassbelch
Banned Troll

27-04-2015 08:11 AM

This post was last modified: 27-04-2015 08:14 AM by crassbelch.

OakR

27-04-2015 08:22 AM

I'm genuinely undecided.

Labour made some historic 'mistakes' as mentioned above. The wars still hit a nerve with me, but of course the tories fully supported these also. Ultimately the unions forced the wrong Milliband on the party and they will probably lose as a result. Still you have to look forwards with where you are now and decide. I can certainly see why people might vote labour now.

If you voted conservative last time I see little reason why you would not this time around. When it comes down to it IMO the economy drives who wins, and they will be seen as the safest pair of hands with it I believe.

Lib Dems made the huge error with tuition fees, be interesting to see how many seats they lose.

And of course we know have UKIP, SNP and greens all trying to pick up the votes from those deserting the 'main' parties.

So the interesting thing is likely to be how many seats those parties get and who they form a coalition with.

Of course the expectation in our borough is that Labour will get in so my votes is mostly useless, I would much prefer a proportional representation system where I felt my vote actually counted for something.

Sherwood

27-04-2015 09:04 AM

Or a transfer vote system similar to the one used to elect the Mayor for London (Boris Johnson).

sandy

27-04-2015 01:04 PM

The figures for deaths at Mid-staffs are not at all acceptable but quoted often as between 400 and 1200, not 'thousands'. Some of the other stats you give are questioned for example by FullFacts (apparently a Tory supported site). While I don't subscribe that you cannot trust any stats, I do think those promoted (from any party) could be scrutinised just as one would for anything that is marketed. I also think it is presumptuous of you to suggest those of 'a left wing persuasion' cannot decide for themselves which way to vote.

BillieJameson

05-05-2015 08:10 PM

Unless you have a fortune which will pay for private health insurance etc. and you will not be in need of social care, health care, education for your children or worry about how you or your children are going to be able to find somewhere to live at an affordable rent with a secure tenancy or to get on the housing ladder and so many other things the only choice is Labour. And it's a national not a local election.

localbigwig

06-05-2015 03:01 PM

ITV website poll surprisingly showing UKIP way out in front of both Labour and conservatives at 15:45 today (6th May)

crassbelch
Banned Troll

06-05-2015 03:37 PM

rshdunlop

06-05-2015 03:43 PM

What poll? I can't see anything like that on the ITV website.

localbigwig

06-05-2015 03:53 PM

ITV website poll surprisingly showing UKIP way out in front of both Labour and conservatives at 15:45 today (6th May)

http://www.itv.com/news/london/

you need to scroll down a bit to find it.

rshdunlop

06-05-2015 04:10 PM

I must be blind, I still can't see it. Can you click on the story and post the specific link?

helenS29

06-05-2015 04:21 PM

It's the result of the poll - click tell us who you'll be voting for, then view results....

localbigwig

06-05-2015 04:21 PM

http://www.itv.com/news/london/update/20...-election/

rshdunlop

06-05-2015 04:25 PM

Oh, so it's a poll of people looking at the ITV website? Yeah, not exactly scientific, or immune to being rigged, or people taking the proverbial.

If the results come in on Friday morning in those proportions, I'll be surprised. And depressed.

rshdunlop

06-05-2015 04:51 PM

So, unlike in the real election, you can vote as many times as you like in that poll. I voted five times for my preferred party and pushed their result up by 2 percentage points. So also a very small sample.

(Thanks, though, for persevering and posting the link.)

Mr_Numbers

06-05-2015 06:23 PM

Same here, rsh. Isn't this what 'cookies' are made for, to prevent multiple voting? Well, of course, cookies are made for eating, but you know what I mean.

Gotta feel sorry for the Ukip underling who was tasked - sorry, I mean asked - to click on the Ukip button as many times as possible to push their numbers up.

No Longer Registered

06-05-2015 07:17 PM

If I was going to vote on personalities it would have to be for Alex Feakes. As far as I can tell a genuinely decent person who actually cares about local issues.

I am just a bit concerned that that Liberal party is the equivalent of the missing link between dinosaurs and birds.

So, still not sure who to vote for as the other candidates are all high up on the unappealing meter.

equi

06-05-2015 10:12 PM

Completely agree, I'll be voting alex feakes as well.

For me, he was the most engaged with local issues at the recent honor oak pub hustings. Sadly, the labour candidate Jim dowd didn't make an appearance as I would have liked to hear him pitch his position. I can't see what he has achieved in the last 20 odd years. He also has 'spoken in 9 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs' (http://www.theyworkforyou.com). Hardly a political force for even mediocrity - but others with longer memories than me may be able set out his key achievements for Se23 here.

Other than that, I thought the candidate for the local golf club was good. I hope he gets his deposit back, so if you really want to vote for none of the main parties, support him.

Pages (2): « First [1] 2 Next > Last »

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields