SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
What our last Tory MP thought of his constituents
sydenhamcentral

21-04-2015 12:06 PM

I don't really care about 'Lewisham West'. It's an artificial boundary and has nothing to do with what I identify with. If someone asked where I lived or went out, I wouldn't say 'Lewisham West' or 'Lewisham' at all if I'm honest. It means nothing to me. It's the name of the local council. Not where I live.

So in that regard about identity, I believe he's right. Forest Hill has an identity, Sydenham does. Lewisham West? Meh! I had to look up where it covered.

I'm not sure our current MP seems to do much judging from his record in the commons. It's a shame our local Labour Party didn't select a fresh candidate, but it's a safe seat who why should they bother selecting the best candidate to represent their party and the borough?

Which sort of sums things up.

I'm not sure I really care about what a former MP, who lost an election here over 20 years ago and died in 2012 said when comparing his local constituency to his last one or what that has to do with the current election.

And no, I'm not a Tory supporter at all. Infact, no-one has really said anything as a local candidate to float my boat, the closest would be Alex Freaks, who I thought was really good as a cllr and the Green candidate, Tom (time after time I get Green as the party that policy selection websites say I have the most in tune with).

I wish we had PR to get my actual feelings across.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: What our last Tory MP thought of his constituents - sydenhamcentral - 21-04-2015 12:06 PM