SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Highway improvements to Dartmouth Road
Perryman

24-03-2016 04:11 PM

Quote:
I ... believe that funding is coming from TfL, not Lewisham, and the money was allocated a couple of years ago.

Thanks. I'm sure it is all very logical to accountants.
For me, the cash is all coming out the same central pot, and as you say, given the choice, local people would prefer that their services are maintained.

But if TfL insist the money is spent on the roads, then I'd argue installing the one stop pedestrian crossing at the station would greatly improve commuters, pedestrian and shoppers lives in FH - their making walking count objective.

They could reinstate the cycle highway route project - their cycling revolution objective. More cyclists generally wheeling around would help slow traffic in DR - their better streets objective - and local people on bikes are more likely to shop locally.

They could actually attempt to tackle the traffic pollution, currently way over the safe limits in FH - their better environment objective.

All these projects would have beneficial effects for DR.
Oh well. At least this project is creating employment, I guess.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: Highway improvements to Dartmouth Road - Perryman - 24-03-2016 04:11 PM
Dartmouth Road Pavement Parking - kipya - 13-04-2016, 06:37 PM

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Development of Highway Dartmouth Rd Garthess 4 5,140 13-04-2017 07:22 PM
Last Post: admin