SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
15 Minutes of Fame
PVP

16-06-2009 03:12 PM

Have any of the good users of the site any claims to fame? e.g. I was one of the extras in Grange Hill....

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Cellar Door

16-06-2009 03:36 PM

PVP wrote:
Have any of the good users of the site any claims to fame? e.g. I was one of the extras in Grange Hill....

I was in a TV advert filmed in Perth, Western Australia for a local shopping mall called Karrinyup Shopping Centre. The advert was celebrating the fact that the shopping centre was 5 years old. Some ropey locals who worked in the shopping centre got cast to do this for nothing. I was a paperboy who sold the Daily News for 3 cents a copy after school. (I was saving up to see Star Wars I think.) We skipped around the main mall of the shopping centre singing some tuneless, characterless ditty proclaiming the dire fact about a shopping mall turning 5. The advert lasted for 30 seconds and ran for one week in the Australian spring sometime in the late 1970's on Perth television.

I hope I'm not setting the bar too high for you non-Celeb types here in SE23.

roz

16-06-2009 06:13 PM

I was in a TV commercial for a hotel chain in Brazil about 10 years ago. We were staying there and they wanted to film us and some others coming down the stairs. Not exactly a speaking part. I gather it was a hit. Unfortunately no royalties were on offer and I haven't heard a dicky bird from Hollywood....

IWereAbsolutelyFuming

17-06-2009 07:27 AM

I was on an episode of a children's programme called Boxpops on the BBC. It was bad enough the first time it aired but the BBC repeated it a few times over the years, when I was a bit older and more open to ridicule from my peers.

sydenhamcentral

17-06-2009 01:14 PM

I was on the reality TV program 'breaking into Tesco' giving advice to the contestants (which was edited to totally change the meaning of what was said).

I was a 'model*' on posters hanging in Natwest Banks about 12 years ago while wearing a Jordan F1 racing drivers overalls. For some reason I was mistaken for Ralf Schumacher by a few people in the bank (I look nothing like him!)

*Model as in 'do you fit in the costume? Yes...ok, he will do'.

I was on TV and Radio in Central America for some lectures I gave, which was interesting as yo hablo poquito Espa?ol!

Nothing as grand as Grange Hill!

Mummycat

17-06-2009 01:31 PM

Oh, I think I know you! Am I right - you know me?Thumbsup

sydenhamcentral

17-06-2009 04:49 PM

Oooh! I have a stalker!

:-)

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields