SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Crossing Southwark Street
ForestHillier

16-04-2015 08:13 AM

so at 0730 this morning - i was walking across above - the green man was lit, as i did, a cyclist rode straight through, when i pointed out that the lights were red, i was met with a barage of abuse and threatened - no wonder cyclists have a bad name

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Londondrz

16-04-2015 09:08 AM

Quite common in my experience but given the large number of cyclists the idiots are still a small percentage.

I dodged one a few years back who did the same thing and his handle bars struck my arm. Boy did he fall heavily, I was quick to help him up of course.

ForestHillier

16-04-2015 09:16 AM

true and there are many idiotic drivers about - mad world really

Snazy

16-04-2015 12:29 PM

Following on from the high number of cyclist deaths on junctions over the past year, the Met have carried out high profile, high visibility patrols at various junctions. Parking motorcycles with lights on, having officers on foot etc...

Since starting this, they have issues TEN THOUSAND FPN's for various offences to both motorists and cyclists... The is a stupid number of people ignoring the rules and laws right under the noses of uniformed officers in hi-vis clothing.

If they don't behave then, what are they like left alone.

There are 2 groups of people, those with no idea of the rules and laws, and those with no interest in abiding by them. Both as dangerous as the other, and both a blight and danger to our roads.

ForestHillier

16-04-2015 12:42 PM

Thanks Snazy, ignore at your peril then, unless these idiots have money to burn, if they get caught more then once, maybe it should be more than a fine as both sets doing this and making the roads even more dangerous than they should be

Never mins another month and i wont be in Southwark St anymore as mt company is moving to canary wharf [ well not mine to own - i just work here - lol ]

simonk

16-04-2015 02:04 PM

Queuing vehicles stopping over pedestrian crossings is a particular menace in the Southwark St/Borough High St area (and elsewhere of course, but it's particularly acute here).

ForestHillier

16-04-2015 02:09 PM

Indeed it is a problem in this area [ Southwark Street - Borough HIgh Street ] with cars going over the crossings - i find BHS the worse - just past Barclasy where you cross to get to HSBC and up near Union street also

Poppy9560

16-04-2015 06:21 PM

This happens every morning as I cross the road to walk through Borough Market to work Sad
One evening this week the police stood there so the problem may have reduced then but they can't stand there all the time

ForestHillier

17-04-2015 08:28 AM

Are poppy - you must work near me then - im in the Blue Fin Building in Southwark St

Londondrz

17-04-2015 09:37 AM

I work in Farringdon and walk through the market every morning. It is clearly signposted no cycling but people still wiz through and give you verbal because you are in the way.

Bless.

ForestHillier

17-04-2015 09:43 AM

ha ha - better off walking down the main southwark street - well you would hope your ok on the pavement

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields