SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Burglary - Wyleu Street HOP
hoplady

28-02-2015 01:03 PM

I was burgled last night - the culprit smashed in a kitchen window to get in. This is a terraced house so the burglar must have crossed some back gardens to reach it. So if anyone in Wyleu Street or the houses backing on to us in Lessing Street noticed or heard anything suspicious last night please do report it to the police. It was most likely after dark so I'm guessing between about 6pm and 9pm.

Fortunately not a huge amount taken as far as I can see, and no damage other than the broken window. I thought the house was pretty secure, but additional precautions will be organised!

The police were great, although sadly forensics couldn't pick up anything. But just letting everyone know to be vigilant........

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
idarryl

16-03-2015 11:55 AM

There was a burglary on Honor Oak road, near Ivestor Terrace on Saturday afternoon. They removed some of the fencing and used a hammer to break the back door window. Keep a lookout!

hoplady

16-03-2015 04:00 PM

That's pretty brazen! Was it your place idarryl?

Hope the police managed to find some clues at this one. And that the culprit(s) didn't get away with anything too precious.

No Longer Registered

17-03-2015 01:31 PM

I understand that there has been a spate of breaks in recently of the opportunist smash and grab type which is a pity as I have always felt the area is generally very safe.

I am guessing (based on avid viewing of reality TV programmes on policing) that the problem is down to a few individuals who will eventually get caught for some other offence.

It will be interesting to see if the conversion of Hamilton Lodge to homeless housing will have any impact on the local crime rate.

http://www.met.police.uk/crimefigures/

http://www.met.police.uk/crimefigures/da...eriod=year

Perryman

17-03-2015 06:31 PM

Quote:
It will be interesting to see if the conversion of Hamilton Lodge to homeless housing will have any impact on the local crime rate.

if the lodge gives homeless families in lewisham a little more security than b&bs and their plight becomes perhaps a little less desperate then I agree that the crime rate should generally go down over the years.

idarryl

17-03-2015 09:24 PM

Quote:
That's pretty brazen! Was it your place idarryl?

Hope the police managed to find some clues at this one. And that the culprit(s) didn't get away with anything too precious.

Fortunately, this wasn't my property, however I know the property owners, and it was close enough to realise that I could quite easily have been the victim.

No clues, no forensics, just like yours.

I had mentioned to my wife a couple of day before-hand that I couldn't understand why people install CCTV cameras on the front of their house. I understand now!

This post was last modified: 17-03-2015 09:26 PM by idarryl.

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Car broken into on Wyleu Street Sibelius 2 4,638 18-08-2011 11:33 AM
Last Post: Sibelius
  Police in Wyleu Street Wyleu Man 7 8,982 18-10-2010 10:28 AM
Last Post: Vern