SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Pages (2): « First < Previous 1 [2] Last »
Gridlock
davidwhiting

28-02-2015 08:29 PM

I had a look at the works today while in Forest Hill centre.

As far as I could see, the works had been completed, and permanent looking patch repairs made to the carriageway - which would explain why no one was working today.

It may be that there are more works to do which are not apparent to a mere lay person, or important checks, but if not, the only outstanding task is the removal of the barriers and the temporary traffic lights.

I hope I'm wrong and that the works are not in fact completed, but if they were completed yesterday, it's a bit much to have caused an extra day or two of serious disruption just because no one has got around to moving the barriers.

I did report this to the emergency number, and the person to whom I spoke offered to phone me back, but have not done so. The number is 08450701431

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BT

01-03-2015 08:44 AM

Nobody appears to be working on the gas "emergency"

I think you'll find that after a gas leak has been repaired they have to leave the excavation open for a period of time to ensure its safe. I had this when I had to have my supply pipe replaced from the street to my house. They left the hole open for several days and kept coming along with instruments and checking.

Sherwood

01-03-2015 11:10 AM

Escaped gas can travel underground. We often used to smell gas in the lift at work, but no leak could be detected in our building.

Sandpiper

01-03-2015 11:41 AM

Just passed the station - the temporary lights and barriers are gone, traffic is fine

squashst

02-03-2015 07:44 AM

In the afternoon on Sunday, it took 20 minutes to get from the pools to the traffic lights by the station. Problems were a lot of buses (rail replacement), but primarily Dartmouth Raod is too narrow for 2 way traffic with buses and with parked cars. Not sure what the answer is (unless don't allow parking full stop?)

Mr_Numbers

02-03-2015 08:28 AM

The good news is that with the Catford Bridge pub fire and the closure of the A205, there's virtually no traffic coming into Forest Hill from the east so the school run was completed in about 37 seconds this morning!!!

Decker

02-03-2015 09:11 AM

Thanks. Was wondering why it was so quiet this morning. Thought it may have been the beginning of a zombie apocalypse.

Pages (2): « First < Previous 1 [2] Last »

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields