SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
southend lane
davey2

29-08-2008 09:58 PM

sorry but i need rant Cursing

southend lane has been murder this week all day and afternoon gridlock, why ?
because of that sainsbury's mega store at the bottom, its about time lewisham got off their backside's and forced this store to do something about the traffic or close it down
45mins to get half way down southend lane on a friday afternoon is not fun and all i wanted to do was get to work at foresthill.

i am so looking forward to the fact they have been given the go ahead to build a homebase store there as well, and to top it all lewisham shove everyone in to one lane now with pointless traffic control that people weave in and out of.

come on lewisham get your act together and force these people to do something.
remove the right hand turn in to the store under the bridge at southend lane would be a start , its that traffic that stops all other people that wish to carry on, that lane gets blocked and tails back under the bridge.
there has got to be a better way for traffic to flow in and out that store.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
brian

30-08-2008 10:01 AM

Davey I agree but think you have no chance.
As you say when this confounded Homebase is built it will be far worse.
Cannot understand why they are building one so close to the one on the A 21.
If its is taking 45 mins , even in school holidays , guess you need to look for alternative route or mode.

davey2

30-08-2008 02:55 PM

wish there was a alternative route , i live just off southend lane in sedgehill road, work in foresthill syd area , called out if and when the need is there so i have little choice but to drive.

my only other choice is to drive right down in to catford and past the town hall and we all know how bad that is.

they will be shutting the other homebase down when the new one is built, well thats what we have been told anyway.

Sherwood

30-08-2008 03:23 PM

You could work your way to Kent House Road.

Brian,

My guess is that the Bromley Road Homebase will be demolished and the site used for new houses/flats.

steveb

30-08-2008 06:43 PM

It seemed to me that this route got a lot worse earlier this year. I think they may have changed the sequence of lights. Agree it seems to favour those exiting Sainsbury and is biased against the busy Southend Lane.

davey2

30-08-2008 11:58 PM

yeah think they did change the sequence of the lights , its got worse thats for sure.

correct me if i am wrong but i don't think sainsbury's own that pond on the old store, i think that was part of the old village green and was taken care of by the pub which of corse is in tatters now.

not 100% sure but i don' think they can touch the pond , maybe wrong , just remember hearing it somewhere.

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields