SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
HOP - Mini Recycling Centre
Delfi

19-01-2015 12:22 PM

Hi All,

New to the hood. Having recently moved into the area we find ourselves having a bit of a clearout. Near the junction of Honor Oak Park and Stondon Park/Brockley Rise I keep seeing signs for a mini-recycling centre. But I cant seem to find it? Does anyone know where it exaclty is and what I should be looking for? (Council being particularly slow in delivering us a recycling bin)....

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
lacb

19-01-2015 12:52 PM

Welcome!

Don't know what that points to exactly. However, there is a map of recycling points at the bottom of this page:
http://www.lewisham.gov.uk/myservices/wa...fault.aspx

milliemop

19-01-2015 01:59 PM

There used to be one across from the Babur restaurant, but it got removed a few months ago!!! Sainsburys Sydenham is the closest I can think of

lacb

19-01-2015 02:59 PM

Oh yes, that is what it pointed to.

I think that Sainsburys Forest Hill would be closer but the map does indicate closer ones depending on what you want to recycle.

ringingcod

19-01-2015 04:59 PM

There were various recycling bins but people were dumping any old rubbish there and it was a hazardous eyesore. I guess the council decided to can it.

milliemop

19-01-2015 06:29 PM

Totally agree Ringingcod,,it was a bit of an eye sore and having seen the one in Forest Hill, that is just as bad if not worse!!!!!! dumping ground would be more appropriate!!!!!!!

SophieBee

23-01-2015 09:06 PM

The clothing recycling bin that used to be opposite Babur with the bottle banks has reappeared by the office furniture shop on the corner of Honor Oak Park/Stondon Park. Just noticed it the other day, not sure if it's permanent or where the bottle bins have been moved to!

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields