SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Sainsbury's Lorries
Haze11

01-01-2015 05:55 PM

Hi All,

Can anyone tell me whether residents of the back roads surrounding Sainsburys, (Waldenshaw Road, Pearcefield Avenue etc) have problems with lorries delivering?

I know they were a problem in the past, but wondered whether these problems had rectified themselves.

Do they deliver late at night/ early in the morning? Do they reverse into the loading bay? Do they cause congestion etc?

Any feedback on this would be much appreciated.

Many thanks

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
jenros

01-01-2015 07:09 PM

I live in Manor Mount and can't say I've noticed any major problems. Any problems are usually the result of parked cars, but as we have residents parking I don't think there's much can be done about that.

Haze11

01-01-2015 07:24 PM

Thank you!

edpaff

02-01-2015 09:44 AM

There certainly were historical problems with cars being damaged by lorries, but I haven't seen/heard/experienced anything for a while. I tend to avoid parking in potential 'danger' zones just in case.

Lorries drive along Waldenshaw Rd, down Manor Mount onto David's Road and then on to Pearcefield Avenue, they then drive up towards Manor Mount again before reversing into the loading bay area. They don't often cause congestion - I'm only ever delayed for 30 seconds or so while the reversing takes place. It's a bit of a pain if you get stuck behind one on their return leg along Waldenshaw Rd though, but this is a relatively rare occurrence.

Haze11

02-01-2015 11:26 AM

Thank you for your response. We're more concerned about noise if I'm honest. Do the lorries deliver late at night/ early in the morning, and how frequently? I've been in touch with Sainsburys and am awaiting a response, but just wondered whether any residents have had any noise problems, as it seems in 2004 it was a bit of an issue.

Many thanks

Londondrz

02-01-2015 11:40 AM

W e live on Waldenshaw Rd and have done since 2001. There was a period were drivers were arriving early on a weekend and parking up with the chilled unit going, this stopped quite quickly. Even though our bedroom is on ground level near the road it is not that much of an issue. Our car was damaged by a lorry but it could have been anyone and that was a couple of years ago and , as pointed out by an earlier poster, we tend to park away from the speed bump pinch points.

This post was last modified: 02-01-2015 11:40 AM by Londondrz.

Haze11

02-01-2015 11:51 AM

Thank you. Much appreciated

jenros

02-01-2015 11:54 AM

I have to say I have never been disturbed by noise from the lorries, but they are not reversing at this point.

I get more disturbance from the noise of the bin men at 6.00 am, but that is only to be expected. We'd soon complain if our bins weren't emptied and I admire anyone who does that job.

Haze11

02-01-2015 11:55 AM

Indeed!

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields