SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Pages (2): « First < Previous 1 [2] Last »
The planning system
grahamw

28-08-2008 12:01 PM

No, I wouldn't gingernuts - its an amazing building, and I think one needs to make that distinction. But It's interesting that Soane was allowed to do just that in early 1800's. I suppose I was intending it to be an illustration of how a city, even a fine Georgian Square, is not static but changes over time.

(And I did not call you a racist gingernuts, nor did I call you a fascist. I suggest you re-read my post. I merely answered your assertion that "There is a government drive to build more houses - but at the same time there is little control over immigration")

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
gingernuts

28-08-2008 12:11 PM

Did I sat that you called me a rasicst or fascists GrahamW? Dont think so - I merely said that those highly emotive words were used. Unnecessarily in my humble opinion.

Also if you re-read my response I did not suggest the problem was just immigration - it was simply an example of where the governement has lost control of numbers. Same with single parent families (not common 20 years ago but now puts strain on the housing market in some areas) etc etc etc...

Now lets please put an end to this bickering.

Sherwood

29-08-2008 05:11 PM

Numbers (wherever they come from) are crucial for planning. It must take years to build a new school for example.

Perryman,
Lay off us Normans. We are an ethnic minority now.

gingernuts

29-08-2008 05:17 PM

I agree, I imaging it's a difficult job. I also suspect there's an EU directive somewhere that's to blame for this grief, just like HIPs!

Pages (2): « First < Previous 1 [2] Last »

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields