SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Pages (2): « First < Previous 1 [2] Last »
(Supposedly) replacement bus service
rbmartin

10-10-2014 04:42 PM

Has the gateline assistant at Crystal Palace refused you entry? If so, you need to complain to London Overground via the TfL website.

As mentioned, the ticket is perfectly valid for break of journey at Crystal Palace.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ritchy

10-10-2014 10:13 PM

Hi yes I have been told my ticket is not valid on a couple occasions, so i presumed if it doesn't go through the gate its a no go.

Maybe I need to carry a copy of the contains of charter withe me!

Thanks for making me aware of this, will save me a few quid!

rbmartin

10-10-2014 10:16 PM

Ritchy. Post your experiences using the London Terminals season over on the Rail UK Forums site at http://www.railforums.co.uk in the Fares Advice & Policy section.

They can help you more as most who post in there work in the rail industry.

Unfortunately London Overground are not good at dealing with National Rail tickets from purchasing them at the station to awareness of ticket validity.

michael

11-12-2014 01:45 PM

Southern will be trialling an increased Rail Replacement bus service on 27th and 28th December with 10 buses per hour going through Forest Hill and Honor Oak Park.

More details at http://www.foresthillsociety.com/2014/12...t-bus.html

Azira

12-12-2014 08:33 PM

Possibly stupid question, but can I use my season ticket on the overground when Southern isn't running?

michael

12-12-2014 10:04 PM

Not a stupid question at all.
in december your season ticket will be valid on overground.
for the 2015/16 problems of changing at london bridge, it is not clear whether season tickets will be valid.

rbmartin

12-12-2014 11:48 PM

Currently the London Terminals season is valid on the Overground between New Cross Gate and Crystal Palace.

During the Christmas works, it's very likely that Southern will have validity on the Overground to Canada Water and Jubilee line to London Bridge as it was during the Summer closure.

EDjules

19-12-2014 01:05 PM

re:breaking journey. its an odd one. my ticket works at some stations but not others. never had a problem when showing my ticket to get out.

lillam

24-12-2014 01:03 AM

Reginald D Hunter said it all when he said "The Uk has an amazing public transport system - in fact it has the best bus replacement service in the world".

Theotherbrian

29-12-2014 11:54 AM

Coming back from Holland yesterday, I was caught out by the fact that there were no Overground trains beyond Surrey Quays. I knew about the London Bridge closure but was unprepared for the Overground not to be running either. The replacement bus was running only to New Cross Gate where, I was told, I would have to change onto another. In the end, I waited for P12 which got me home, albeit very slowly. It is no lie in saying that at 2 hours 10 minutes, it took longer to get from St Pancras to Honor Oak Park than it had taken to to get to St Pancras from Brussels. Sadly, I was not surprised that someone thought it acceptable to deprive us of our trains completely .

Pages (2): « First < Previous 1 [2] Last »

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields