SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Planning: 43 Dartmouth Road
59 bassett

27-12-2014 08:33 PM

Eaton Homes propose to redevelop this site into approximately 23 residential units with associated ground floor retail space It is basically the MOT garage Exhaust Express
I live in Clyde Terrace. The worst problem in this area is parking space it is very limited This development has no provision for car parking nightmare! !!!
I believe however that the Forest Hill Society has proposed that Eaton Homes part finance a footbridge to the car park in Perry Vale . Excellent idea how true is this?

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
michael

28-12-2014 01:35 AM

I made the proposal which was one of the recommendations from our planning workshop earlier this year. The idea is not really to increase parking for residents but to increase parking for shoppers and visitors to the swimming pool. Perry Vale car park is currently under utilised but should be an asset for the town centre.
However the current plans are likely to be submitted without any reference to footbridges, in fact if the plans are accepted then it is unlikely that there would be room for a footbridge.

Sherwood

28-12-2014 05:12 PM

The footbridge would be a section 106 requirement. Good idea!

59 bassett

28-12-2014 09:10 PM

Thanks for your prompt reply
Could not a recommendation be made to the council that finance be given by Eaton Homes. The benefits to this would be enormous with possibility of a vibrant Dartmouth Road and the end of the woes of the residents of this area.

michael

28-12-2014 10:43 PM

Together with one of the local councillors, I will be speaking to council officers in the new year about the possibilities for the footbridge and other improvements to the footpath beside the railway.
However, I should warn that although this proposal make a lot of sense, it is not a cheap project (my estimate would be at least £1m-£2m) and that isn't easy to raise, even with house prices as high as they are at present.

59 bassett

29-12-2014 01:11 PM

Thank you for your reply.l look forward to hearing the council thoughts.

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Planning application: 33 Dartmouth Road Baboonery 16 19,477 29-11-2011 10:41 AM
Last Post: IWereAbsolutelyFuming