SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Where is the Honor Oak Guitarist ?
Redalways

09-12-2014 04:47 PM

Haven't seen him for a while.

Where is he ? Miss his crazy guitar "playing"

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
TrypF

09-12-2014 07:50 PM

As he 'plays' Rolling Stones songs, he's known as Rolling Stones Guy in our house. When I first moved here he'd often be found by the station and sometimes on the platforms. After a while, each time his guitar was missing a string. Finally, it was down to one string, which didn't stop his performances. The next time I saw him, he had a new guitar. I'm sure a few people were disappointed to see the new acquisition, but he never truly bothered many people as far as I could see, although I've never been brave enough to engage him in conversation.

Like many 'colourful local characters' you hear of, I once saw him in the paper shop at the end of HoP high street and he was perfectly civil as he bought his milk and paper. The next time I saw him, he had added a harmonica to his rig and was making even more of a racket in the street. All power to Rolling Stones Guy, he's an Honor Oak institution and I hope he's OK.

lacb

10-12-2014 10:25 AM

He always seems to be playing blues, courageously, whenever I hear him - that is not to say that the Stones didn't cover the same songs too. In fact, there is a neat synergy here as Keith Richards is missing a string too. Generally just one though.

I imagine that it is a wee bit cold now for al fresco playing. Hopefully he will return in the springtime.

lacb

13-12-2014 09:54 AM

Heard him on Friday morning by HOP station, without guitar, just playing blues harp.

LiamJoyce

29-01-2015 01:35 PM

Hello!

I work in the dental surgery at HOP. The 'guitarist' is called Carl, he comes to visit us around 2 times a month. Sometimes with the guitar, sometimes without. He has been coming to visit for around 20 years now.

Really nice guy, still on the ball and has a great memory.

Liam

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields