SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Speed of vehicles on Devonshire Road
shzl400

23-11-2014 10:39 PM

Sorry to hear about your cat, OP.

However, I'm amazed that anyone can even think of driving at speed down Devonshire Road these days, regardless of what the limits are. And I'm sure it has got worse, particuarly recently. I'm constantly having to duck into a space at the side to let the oncoming traffic pass or vice versa. Most drivers are very considerate and do play this dodgems with a friendly flash of the lights, but some will insist on squeezing past at the narrowest parts.

That having been said, I wouldn't want to see a one way system imposed, as I think we would be cutting off our noses to spite our faces and the ones most inconvenienced would be those that live there.

What I would like to see is better phasing of the lights at the Honor Oak Road junction with Lordship Lane, so that it doesn't take multiple turns of the lights to get out (and I say this as a P4 passenger). I'd also suggest that the Forest Hill end of Devonshire Road be made a no right turn coming onto the South Circ.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: Speed of vehicles on Devonshire Road - shzl400 - 23-11-2014 10:39 PM

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Consultation re Forest Hill Road speed reduction pixysunflower 1 3,912 25-11-2018 03:43 PM
Last Post: Erekose
  Speed of cars from Honor Oak Park/Forest Hill road - does it bother anyone? paddygirl 15 19,727 16-03-2013 10:48 AM
Last Post: daveherne
  Speed Humps in Garlies Road Lisa23garlies 3 5,341 25-07-2012 11:34 AM
Last Post: kelmscott