SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Trash and litter on David's Road every week
Chris88

08-10-2014 09:44 AM

I have to walk this Street once in a while and it's an absolute pigsty every week.

Outside the daycare centre the bins are always over flowing, rubbish not tied up properly and dumped on the sidewalk (I don't think it's the centre themselves, they have their own commercial bin).

The back of Sainsburys car park is always a mess.

Outside the old gym/new flats there's always trash bags all over the place.

Basically the whole strip from the pub, to the day care centre around to Sainsburys is always a dump.

I understand overnight animals probably tear the bags apart, but why can't the council provide an adequate number of bins?

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Londondrz

08-10-2014 10:50 AM

Take a walk down Waldenshaw Road and have a look at all the McDonalds wrappers strewn around. The closest McDonalds is in Catford. I know people like to sit in a nice location and eat their food but that's taking the p***.

Erekose

08-10-2014 12:56 PM

Or Perry Vale South of the station which is always strewn with rubbish.

Duckling

08-10-2014 01:47 PM

Or our garden, which seems constantly to get burger and fish and chips packets, or sometimes just bags of rubbish (the latest was an empty pizza box) flung over the fence. Really depressing.

Chris88

08-10-2014 04:07 PM

When I lived in Zone 1 with far more people, shops and restaurants there was less rubbish problems. That's why I thought it might not be normal.

But I guess certain areas with different councils/tenants it just depends. It must be almost impossible for the council to catch people dumping rubbish everywhere.

lacb

08-10-2014 04:12 PM

I also thought there was a problem with this but have twigged that lots of the litter near us is recyclable and is actually arising from the rubbish collection each Wednesday. Presumably some drops out of the wheelie bins, floats off on the wind and then collects in a leeward corner.

shaman

08-10-2014 10:13 PM

Londondrz wrote:
Take a walk down Waldenshaw Road and have a look at all the McDonalds wrappers strewn around. The closest McDonalds is in Catford. I know people like to sit in a nice location and eat their food but that's taking the p***.

The closest McDonalds is now at Bell Green in Sydenham. A drive through.

It's been open a few months and there was a definite increase in McDonalds litter in the area, although it does seem to have improved and I noticed an employee picking litter in the car parks there one day. Much better than Sainsbury's ever did with the build up of orange bags before the wasteland was built on, it has to be said.

Interestingly, it occurs to me that, for McDonalds, litter is free advertising. Which is why they stamp their logo all over it.

This post was last modified: 08-10-2014 10:14 PM by shaman.

shzl400

12-10-2014 08:14 PM

Some charmer regularly leaves Coke bottles filled with a yellow fluid that is plainly not Coke Scared at the top of Dunoon Road.

It's not as if there wasn't a secluded alleyway with trees within 10m and let the rain deal with the problem, rather than Lewisham's man with a barrow (who, I do have to say, is a star!) having to.

Londondrz

20-10-2014 05:35 PM

To the gentleman in the dark blue Chrysler Grand Voyager who decided to empty all of the rubbish from his car onto the road in Waldenshaw Road, I saw you, I have your number plate and I just missed catching you. I am going to bring all the rubbish to your house and spread as much as possible around you.

You are a pig, pure and simple.

Be pleased I didn't catch up with you.

Decker

18-11-2014 10:49 AM

If it makes you feel any better I took photos and submitted it to the council. Also requested that Street cleaners patrol the area more. Probably won't do anything but hopefully we can put it on their radar.

Londondrz

18-11-2014 11:08 AM

Walking past this morning someone had put a bin liner full of house hold waste next to the rubble and the foxes has had their merry way with it. Trying to run a business next to that pile of rubbish must be annoying to say the least. I stopped to put a load of cardboard on the pile as it had fallen onto the path and was getting in the way.

I would suggest a call to Enviro Services at the council is in order as it blocks the footpath and is a Health and Safety issue as well as a Health issue.

Good luck.

Londondrz

19-11-2014 08:23 PM

I noticed that the rubbish was gone this morning although some kind person had thrown a mattresses out for me to rest on.

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Flytipping Menace on David's Road humbolt 0 3,222 05-03-2018 12:51 PM
Last Post: humbolt
  Fire in David's Road/Havelock Walk hillsideresident 9 9,479 14-02-2013 03:18 PM
Last Post: Mr Tumnus
  pathway between david's road and devonshire road sententia 5 6,792 21-04-2008 12:54 PM
Last Post: NewForester