SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Pages (3): « First < Previous 1 2 [3] Last »
11 Tewkesbury Avenue Development
doml

02-04-2009 07:37 PM

Live onsite in a caravan ? Where would I put it ? No we'd rent elsewhere... Why do you ask ?

No, Grand Designs isn't Property Ladder - they don't give advice. They just films idiosyncracies in great detail....

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
edd

13-08-2009 09:34 PM

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but, if I'm thinking of buying number 14 Tewkesbury Avenue, should I be thinking again? Unsure I'm away for the next few days, or I'd go up there again myself to check if a three storey place would block the view (can't remember which number is opposite no 14)...

And is this why number 14 is on the market at a price that's been dropped once already?

doml

15-08-2009 09:16 PM

IMHO, I suppose it depends entirely on your outlook
(of life). :-)

Smiler

16-08-2009 07:09 AM

Endearing

michael

07-01-2014 10:20 PM

This 'grand design' is apparently still just a massive hole in the garden and Lewisham council are looking to take enforcement action for breach of planning conditions, see http://councilmeetings.lewisham.gov.uk/i...2890&Ver=4

doml

25-03-2015 09:46 PM

Nope, no enforcement action happened. Bit of beurocracy to win at to get to that point, but nothing to a man who overcame a JR to get to this point. All in order. Legal. Legit. Damn recession delayed all this work, but that is now over. I can't wait to build this house !

Now the old garde from this street is long gone, there have been a number of very nice architectural extensions completed and near completion in this road, and so 11TA will just add to them. Now I'm not leading, I'm following....

AMFM

30-03-2015 12:53 PM

Best of luck with it doml - it's been a few years since I was along TA but from my last encounter, the entire street was crying out for some TLC.

Is Grand Designs still on the cards?

doml

25-05-2015 11:46 PM

I feel vindicated, Frank Lloyd Wright ? Now someone else has taken that literally and actually gone and got planning permission for it, in Ringmore Rise. I am a happy man.

Check this out : http://planning.lewisham.gov.uk/online-a...CAPR_75201

Woohoo, it's as I thought when I moved from Canary Wharf : Forest Hill is going to become a millionaire's paradise, and we're all going to benefit off the back of that !

michaeljstanford

26-12-2022 01:37 PM

As someone still bearing the scars of wounds from Dominic Lewes, I notice that the work on his ‘dream home’ has apparently not begun, let alone been completed. All I can say is Thank Heavens. Anyone wondering why should google Dominic Lewes or The Gentleman Construction Company. No wonder he’s keeping his head down

samuelsen

26-12-2022 02:45 PM

As a general point, some people purchase a property and then decide to apply for planning permission. Had it with neighbours either side. First lot had four applications, that would have doubled the size of the house with no consideration of the impact on neighbours, then to only eventually sell up with their unused granted planning permission/permitted development, their huge architects bill circa 20K, and hopefully feeling rather wounded and foolish after all the wasted time and money applying and the wasted time of neighbours objecting to the plans. Then to leave with nought.

The other herberts applied and first that was known was when a letter from the council was delivered informing me of their planning application, nice that, they didn't bother informing their neighbours. So the neighbour levelled the rear garden by raising one section, causing ongoing drainage issues when it rains. Again the neighbour applied and was granted planning permission, only to sell up and move on without using it.

Seems some people have more money than sense. I guess the moral of the story is if you want to apply for planning permission/permitted development, talk to your neighbours, let them know what you want to do, listen to any concerns they have and be willing to compromise for the sake of good neighbourly relations.

This post was last modified: 26-12-2022 02:48 PM by samuelsen.

baggydave

07-02-2023 11:32 PM

Wow, I've not posted for years but was surprised that this came up in a Google search (and I wasn't even looking for the particular development). I wont say too much as this was a controversial development, but essentially it was never built. Well at least not to date.

Since 2008 there has been some monstrous (in size, not necessarily taste!) developments in the area, reflecting a lot of money coming in (ie change of demographics), probably the banks bursting at Lewisham planning in terms of staff, and perhaps precedents being set.

Planning is a divisive issue, the disruption in terms of noise and traffic can seem to be 52 weeks a year (certainly post lockdown) and the previous poster has made some good points about thinking about your neighbours as well as your own needs.

That said I know of three developments where they seem to have got the balance right in terms of scale and aesthetics (the latter of course is subjective)

I look forward to my next post on this issue in about 14 years time.

Pages (3): « First < Previous 1 2 [3] Last »

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields