SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Creepy man in FH :(
hhutt

23-10-2014 12:23 PM

A couple of weeks ago I saw a man being led out of Sydenham School (a girls' school) on Dartmouth Road and put into the back of a police van - obviously being arrested.

Today I saw the same guy (definitely the same man) being a TOTAL CREEP towards a lady at the crossing opposite Forest Hill Station and it has just put me on edge and I think people should be aware of him - not sure what else I can do really (ring 101? Bit excessive?).

He was standing really close to this girl, with this repulsive smug smirk, just staring. She moved away and he followed her, standing really close still staring and smirking, and she was in a corner now (on the island bit of the crossing) so she told him to back off and he didn't even flinch, kept staring and smirking and being really menacing actually! Eventually she managed to run across the road between the traffic. But he was SO menacing and disgusting I feel like I need to do something!!! He's clearly a weirdo! And seemed quite deranged and dangerous.

So, he's about 5'7ish, slim build, shoulder length wavy black hair, was wearing a leather jacket, and at a guess Sri Lankan. And has a horrible attitude which emanates from him.

Not sure what I expect to come from this post, I might just be being a crazy pregnant lady, but he really put me on edge. I am so fed up of lecherous people, horn honking etc, but this was on a whole new level.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Londondrz

23-10-2014 12:52 PM

Call 101.

michael

23-10-2014 12:53 PM

Please do contact the police on 101.

Given that the man is known to them, it is helpful for them to be aware of any other activities in the local area. Much better for them to be aware now rather than after something nasty happens. And if there is nothing to be concerned about, then at least they will be aware of this and may be able to give you some reassurance.

Police are reliant on information from members of the public and there is usually plenty they can do to prevent the situation escalating, if they are aware of such issues.

MrsR

23-10-2014 07:18 PM

Just adding my support for the advice that you call 101. You are in the unique position to know what you saw today wasn't an isolated incident. I'm sure the police will want to be informed as this chap could increase his activities (might not but better safe than sorry).

dartmouth

27-10-2014 05:19 PM

I've just seen this guy outside forest hill station, blatantly harassing a lady. I have called 101

aggie

27-10-2014 05:57 PM

Yes, he has been seen in the area a few times lately. Pretty sure he is new to the area and hopefully not stopping for long! Maybe he is from the hostel in Dartmouth Rd - if the police arrested him after the school incident they will be able to track him down and hopefully get him moved to somewhere more suitable. He clearly needs help which he won't get at a hostel.

roz

30-10-2014 08:07 AM

His behaviour isn't acceptable but assuming without evidence that he's frim Miriam Lodge isn't helpful or acceptable either. Let's establish facts before building up a head of steam against homeless people.

aggie

30-10-2014 01:19 PM

Speaking as someone who has had professional contact with some of the more challenging residents of Miriam Lodge it was an educated guess rather than an assumption. Services are so stretched at Lewisham and sometimes in desperation they have to place people with 'additional needs' into very short term accommodation until the right support is found for them. Hopefully that support has been provided by now.

Jane_D

30-10-2014 02:34 PM

That's interesting, Aggie. Do you mind saying more - are there programs for people who are known to hassle other people in the street, or are you thinking of some kind of accommodation where more supervision is given? Thanks.

aggie

30-10-2014 05:12 PM

Precisely, but these days there is much demand for places and people sometimes have to wait - hence a short stay in somewhere like Miriam Lodge . It is a large hostel so there are bound to be occasional problems. Reporting antisocial or aggressive behaviour on 101 will bring that person to the attention of the authorities and make their case more urgent.

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields