SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Random hitting by stranger
moth

01-10-2014 05:31 PM

Just a warning my grown up daughter got smacked hard around the head today at 5.30pm outside the BP petrol station on the South Circular near the fire station. It was a man in his 30s about 5ft 10inches wearing navy tracksuit bottoms and she thinks a grey hoodie. He walked towards her and as he passed hit out without a word and walked on. The police have been notified and she is ok but shaken. So just a warning and hope this was a one off random act.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
hoona

01-10-2014 06:26 PM

How horrible. I hope she's okay.

OakR

01-10-2014 06:27 PM

Sounds very odd, and no doubt scary for your daughter. Hope she is ok.

moth

01-10-2014 06:49 PM

Thank You. She is a bit shaken up as is to be expected, just confusing as to what the motive was really and not the sort of thing we have experienced in 23 years of Forest Hill living. So hoping just a random idiot!!

LittlePickleHead

02-10-2014 04:12 PM

Something very similar happened to me about a year ago in the same place - walking along on the opposite side of the road to the garage pushing my baby in his pram, and a guy walked past and then swung for me (missed thank goodness). I was really shaken up and didn't know what to do so turned into colfe road and started to cry!

A car turned in that had seen it happen and they called the police, who were there really quickly but the guy had got on a bus and disappeared.

I wonder if it was the same person?

Really horrible experience that you don't expect round here, but hopefully just one person who has issues?

tomangel

02-10-2014 04:19 PM

Hold on Littlepicklehead, I was also driving along the south cic there and saw someone (black bloke, about 30, in scruffy unemployed clothes) push a cyclist into the path of a passing car. I pulled into to the firestation while calling 999 and I think another pedestrian stopped to take the bloke to task
The police should have a record of it.

I can check dates, because I needed to have my car repaired after driving it onto the bollards by firestation because I was on the phone!

LittlePickleHead

02-10-2014 04:24 PM

That sounds like it could be the same guy (quite a big bloke). He looked a bit manic to be honest.

Thinking about it I think it was actually the beginning of this year, I can probably find the date looking through my emails.

I didn't get a reference number or anything, but if it is the same guy he's obviously dangerous!

moth

02-10-2014 04:28 PM

The guy who hit my daughter was white though. Sounds odd all round is it some sort of take on what was referred to as 'happy slapping' ?

LittlePickleHead

02-10-2014 04:31 PM

Ok so a different person. That is really strange that all these incidents have happened in the same small area?

My incident was definitely not happy slapping, guy looked really angry. I think he was cross because I was walking slowly with the buggy but obviously a completely over the top reaction!

Sorry for your daughter, it really does shake you up when something like that happens out of the blue

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields