SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
L&Q Housing
ForestHillier

10-09-2014 08:46 AM

Morning All,

Does anyone on here have any dealings with this housing org, as I think they are pretty poor, my mum who lives in 95 London Rd has has water pouring down from the flat above into her kitchen, as the flat above is leasehold, L&Q say they can do nothing, can see their point as the leaseholder will have to pay for any repairs, L&G said why not pop up and ask them, they are not going to even bother to check my mums flat and she is not a leaseholder.

We had problems before when water was pouring into the hall, that time L&Q checked and found that the people above had pit the overflow hose from the washing machine into the wooden floor !!!

I for one think L&Q are very poor

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BT

10-09-2014 09:30 AM

Contact the Housing Dept at the Council. They can get these sort of problems sorted, even for non LA tenants.

ForestHillier

10-09-2014 10:00 AM

Thanks for that - will give it a try

Chipcity

10-09-2014 03:20 PM

Hi,

I assume that the tenant above is a private leaseholder (i.e. they own their flat under a long lease) and that your mother is a L&Q tenant?

If so, L&Q will likely be acting for agents for the freeholder (i.e. landlord) or in fact have had the freehold transferred to them by Lewisham Council in their management role.

It would be interesting to have a few more details as L&Q have a complaints procedure that can be commenced on-line or over the telephone and this usually resolves such issues. If L&Q are the landlord then they should be enforcing the alleged breach by the tenant above if the water ingress is from their flat.

ForestHillier

11-09-2014 06:55 AM

Thanks all, I believe Lewisham Council handed over the lease for all flats to L&Q.

Luckily my mothers carer popped up to the flat above yesterday, and appears now that the person living there has brought in a plumber, and fingers crossed it seems to be ok now.

very odd that also after the carer contacted L&Q - they also sent a contractor round

Snazy

12-09-2014 12:24 PM

Not sure if you use twitter at all, I usually find it a great way to highlight issues to L&Q
If you do, @contactLQ is always helpful looking into matters, and saves long phone calls.

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields